Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > G4 iBook and Logic Boards

G4 iBook and Logic Boards
Starry Night
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 21, 2004, 10:06 PM

Howdy,

What's the word on the street? Has the logic board issue been fixed for the G4 iBook?

Detrius
Professional Poster
Jun 21, 2004, 10:11 PM

The word on the street is that the logic board issue has been fixed with the logic boards that Apple is installing. Therefore, the word on the street is that the problem has been fixed. period.
ACSA 10.4/10.3, ACTC 10.3, ACHDS 10.3

sbjordal
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 25, 2004, 02:27 AM

Originally posted by Detrius:
The word on the street is that the logic board issue has been fixed with the logic boards that Apple is installing. Therefore, the word on the street is that the problem has been fixed. period.
I call BS. As far as ibook G4s: I have not had to send in any G4 ibook for logic board repair from our service center. I have, however, had to send back "repaired" ibook because of continuing problems.
---
One XP Box, One Suse Box, One Blue & White,
One ibook, One iMac 17 FP, one 30 gig iPod and a mini
happy .mac customer, os9 free since 3/24/01

va3uxb
Jun 25, 2004, 09:32 AM

My iBook G4 12" has had the logic board replaced already, the problems didn't sound like the 'infamous' ones I've been hearing about, but the logic board was flawed nonetheless.

I bought it brand new at the end of February and had it in for service at the end of May.

Forum Links
Forum Rules