Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Seattle apartments

Seattle apartments
jld
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 24, 2004, 04:23 AM

I know this is a shot in the dark, but I guess it can't hurt.

I'm currently looking for an apartment in Seattle. I have ~$800/month budget or so, and I'd like a nice one bedroom or loft, w/ hardwood floors, laundry in my unit, and at least a small patio/deck. I don't need to live in Belltown or any place where location is key, but being near nightlife, groceries, and starbucks is important. If anyone knows of any place, or knows landlords, or wants to get a referral bonus in their own building, give me a shout. I'm open to almost anything/anywhere that fits my criteria.
( Last edited by jld; Jul 24, 2004 at 04:57 AM. )
12" AlBook • 15" Albook • G4 Cube • iSight • Original iPod • PB 100 • Newton 110 • Quicktake 100

Malt Magics
Forum Regular
Jul 24, 2004, 04:54 AM

Originally posted by jld:
I know this is a shot in the dark, but I guess it can't hurt.

I'm currently looking for an apartment in Seattle. I have ~$800 or so, and I'd like a _nice_ one bedroom, w/ hardwood floors, laundry in my unit, and at least a small patio/deck. I don't need to live in Belltown or any place like that, but being near nightlife, groceries, starbucks is somewhat important. If anyone knows of any place, or knows landlords, or wants to get a referral bonus in their own building, give me a shout. I'm open to almost anything.
check out:

seattle.craigslist.org

jld  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 24, 2004, 05:10 AM

Yeah, I know about craigslist, but I find it really frustrating. There's a lot of crap on there (see what they print on their tshirts), and I have a hard time differentiating the decent places from the not-so-decent ones. Many landlords only advertise their apartments in the most menial, useless terms anyway:

"Cute 1 bedroom apartment. Great location, close to bus lines, great light, friendly neighbors, very clean, very quiet. No pets, no smoking."

Great, you've just submitted a ad equal to:

"Intellegent single male, loves eating out, long walks on the beach, sunsets and snuggling up while watching movies"

Sorry, I'm just a little fustrated by the whole process at the moment.
12" AlBook • 15" Albook • G4 Cube • iSight • Original iPod • PB 100 • Newton 110 • Quicktake 100

Malt Magics
Forum Regular
Jul 24, 2004, 05:19 AM

I can certainly agree with that sentiment.

I look through the list for potential apartments, as the place I currently reside has become...undesirable.

It is frustating, but at least not all of the ads demand a registration fee like some of the other filthy services.

But of course, having someone tell you of something they know is best, as you can avoid all of the BS involved with getting a place.

good luck.

TailsToo
Mac Elite
Jul 24, 2004, 09:05 AM

Aren't there any apartment finder places out there? They're all over Dallas.

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Jul 24, 2004, 12:00 PM

www.apartmentratings.com

Obviously, some of the reviews are written by managers, but it still looks useful.

tooki

Forum Links
Forum Rules