Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Autofire OS X?

Autofire OS X?
monkpea
Forum Regular
Aug 1, 2004, 12:19 PM

Hello!

I am playing SpaceTripper on hardest and am developing RSI.

Does anyone know a hack or program that will con applications into thinking I am furiously taping a certain key just by holding it down in a leisurely manner?

Ideally this program would allow adjustment of delay between firing, and overall firing rate. If no such prog exists, how would I go about creating one?

Keyboard and mouse system prefs is no help by the way, Space Tripper seems to registers a held down key...

Many thanks,

Pea

VEGAN
Senior User
Aug 2, 2004, 08:43 AM

Originally posted by monkpea:
Hello!

I am playing SpaceTripper on hardest and am developing RSI.

Does anyone know a hack or program that will con applications into thinking I am furiously taping a certain key just by holding it down in a leisurely manner?

Ideally this program would allow adjustment of delay between firing, and overall firing rate. If no such prog exists, how would I go about creating one?

Keyboard and mouse system prefs is no help by the way, Space Tripper seems to registers a held down key...

Many thanks,

Pea
Maybe you can use FreeHotKeys and allocate an applescript that does exactly what you want.

Forum Links
Forum Rules