Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Letterhead setup question

Letterhead setup question
JeremyS
Senior User
Sep 1, 2004, 08:45 PM

Hi, I have a letterhead template as a photoshop file and I am wondering if there is a way to make this the background for a word document or do I have to print out the letterhead in Photoshop, put it back in the printer and then print the text I am adding in Word, make sense?

There has to be a better way!

JeremyS  (op)
Senior User
Sep 2, 2004, 10:48 AM

anyone?

ghporter
Administrator
Sep 2, 2004, 01:07 PM

One way I've seen letterhead included in Word files is to put the graphic part in a document header. What kind of letterhead have you created-does it take up a lot of the page's length?

Glenn -----OTR/L, MOT, Tx

cpac
Professional Poster
Sep 2, 2004, 01:12 PM

I think you're looking for a graphical watermark effect - no?

In Word you can go to Insert->Watermark... and then play with the options there.

If that's not the sort of thing you're looking to do - you need to tell us more about this letterhead (like why it's in photoshop - or why you don't just create a Word template that has the image or text or whatever already inserted...
cpac

Mediaman_12
Professional Poster
Sep 2, 2004, 01:19 PM

Word is also a bit picky about the sort of files it will import (if the Mac version is anything like it's Windows counterpart). Photoshop (PSD) files and EPS files are an absolute no go, and CMYK files are a bit of a waste (Word doesn't support CMYK an will convert the image to a RGB colour space). The best files to use are probably RGB Tiff's, remembering to have them at a nice high resolution (around 200 to 300 dpi) to avoid blocky printouts.

JeremyS  (op)
Senior User
Sep 2, 2004, 01:24 PM

Hi, thanks for the replies.

I tried the water mark effect but even with the washout deselected it still washes it out a little, it's already washed out on the photo shop file so it needs to be just like it is. I guess I am going to have to recreate it in word.

The psd file I am using is 300 dpi, what should I convert this to, to make it so the files are the right size but still print out good in word? Right now when I import the 300 dpi graphics they are HUGE in word.

Forum Links
Forum Rules