Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Giants: Citizen Kabuto and G5

Giants: Citizen Kabuto and G5
DeathToWindows
Professional Poster
Sep 3, 2004, 05:24 PM

I bought Giants immediately after buying my new G5 tower and it crashes partway through the second level (rescuing the smarties on teh cliff). Macsoft is not being hugely useful... anyone have any ideas?

BTW: it works fine on my rev.3 12" Powerbook

Don't try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

reader50
Administrator
Sep 3, 2004, 08:04 PM

Grab the latest patch.

Oh, and let me know if you figure how to take a screen shot. I never figured it out.
( Last edited by reader50; Sep 3, 2004 at 08:09 PM. )

DeathToWindows  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 3, 2004, 09:42 PM

The patch and my CD version are identical... been there, tried that (to no avail)

Don't try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

reader50
Administrator
Sep 3, 2004, 11:21 PM

If you'll send me a G5 tower, I would be happy to troubleshoot the issue for you.

Try turning down the video and audio options, or trash the prefs file entirely.

DeathToWindows  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 4, 2004, 01:41 PM

Nah... just got the tower set up in the dorm. I'll beat on mAcsoft some more...

a2daj
Mac Elite
Sep 5, 2004, 02:06 AM

You might want to bug MacPlay since they published the Mac version. MacSoft is probably given you the cold shoulder because they didn't have anything to do with it.

reader50
Administrator
Sep 5, 2004, 03:00 AM

Don't hold your breath for MacPlay to respond. I sent in a bug report to them, along with a copy of my email order direct from the MacPlay Store. Absolute confirmation that I was a legit owner of the game, but I never got so much as a reply back from MacPlay support.

Maybe it was because I bought Giants when it was offered for $5 as a special on their web store. But they could have at least replied and said that.

The address I used was support (with) macplay dot com.

DeathToWindows  (op)
Professional Poster
Sep 5, 2004, 08:09 AM

Originally posted by reader50:
Don't hold your breath for MacPlay to respond. I sent in a bug report to them, along with a copy of my email order direct from the MacPlay Store. Absolute confirmation that I was a legit owner of the game, but I never got so much as a reply back from MacPlay support.

Maybe it was because I bought Giants when it was offered for $5 as a special on their web store. But they could have at least replied and said that.

The address I used was support (with) macplay dot com.
They've responded, just not in any useful fashion...just getting told to check XYZ... when I've already checked XYZ...

Forum Links
Forum Rules