Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > How do I copy entire websites and paste them in word w/ the images?

How do I copy entire websites and paste them in word w/ the images?
Sakino
Senior User
Sep 7, 2004, 01:50 PM

One of my courses this semester has an online book, and I would like to print the pages out from time to time. What I would like to do is copy the website and paste it into a word document so that I can decrese the size of the font. THE PROBLEM IS!!!! It does not copy the images along with the text! I have tried copying it to dreamweaver and it didn't copy the images over also.

Any suggestions on what I can do. I have done this before on a windows pc and it has worked fine.

ratlater
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 7, 2004, 01:57 PM

Originally posted by Sakino:
One of my courses this semester has an online book, and I would like to print the pages out from time to time. What I would like to do is copy the website and paste it into a word document so that I can decrese the size of the font. THE PROBLEM IS!!!! It does not copy the images along with the text! I have tried copying it to dreamweaver and it didn't copy the images over also.

Any suggestions on what I can do. I have done this before on a windows pc and it has worked fine.
You should be able to use your web browser to reduce the font size then print the page.

-matt

demograph68
Professional Poster
Sep 7, 2004, 02:12 PM

Try Adobe Acrobat.

JKT
Professional Poster
Sep 7, 2004, 02:35 PM

Originally posted by Sakino:

Perhaps it is a limitation of Office for the Mac as the following works fine - in Safari, select the text plus images, go to the menubar and click Safari>Services>TextEdit and choose "New Window containing selection." A TextEdit document will be created in the background containing your selection. The links should remain clickable when you do this too.

Alternatively, in your browser, reduce the font size to what you wish it to be. Go to Print... and use either of the two buttons at the left bottom to Save it as a PDF - the left hand button lets you view the output in Preview first, prior to either printing it or saving it, the right hand one will let you save it as a PDF straight away.

Unfortunately, any links will not be clickable in the PDF if you do this.

FWIW, you can create PDFs like this in any app in OS X.
( Last edited by JKT; Sep 7, 2004 at 02:50 PM. )

Sarc
Mac Elite
Sep 7, 2004, 02:51 PM

Internet Explorer (yes, yes, I know) is able to store entire sites with links and images as an archived WAFF file.
:: frankenstein / lcd-less TiBook / 1GHz / radeon 9000 64MB / 1GB RAM / w/ext. 250GB fw drive / noname usb bluetooth dongle / d-link usb 2.0 pcmcia card / X.5.8
:: unibody macbook pro / 2.4 Ghz C2D / 6GB RAM / dell 2407wfp - X.6.3

Sakino  (op)
Senior User
Sep 9, 2004, 03:20 PM

Thanks for all your input! It helped.

Forum Links
Forum Rules