Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Is anyone really surprised by this?

Is anyone really surprised by this?
spacefreak
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 18, 2004, 09:28 AM

ABC News: More Republicans Satisfied with Sex Lives than Democrats
Oct. 18, 2004 �_American Sex Lives 2004, a new "Primetime Live" sex poll conducted in conjunction with the ABC News Polling Unit, is among the most comprehensive surveys of its kind in decades and establishes a new, detailed picture of sex attitudes and behavior in America today.

The "Primetime Live" sex poll answers many provocative questions that we have all wondered about, but have never dared to ask, including: how many Americans describe themselves as sexually "traditional" or "adventurous"; how often are Americans having sex; what are the sex habits of cheaters; and who is cheating with their co-worker and who is cheating in the workplace.

The poll analysis includes a breakdown by many subgroups, including region, age and even political party affiliation, which is the topic of results released today:

Of those involved in a committed relationship, who is very satisfied with their relationship: Republicans � 87 percent; Democrats � 76 percent

Who is very satisfied with their sex life? Republicans � 56 percent; Democrats � 47 percent

Logic
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 18, 2004, 09:39 AM

but you forgot to quote this part:

Among the factors that impact the survey results is that more men identify themselves as Republicans and men are more likely to say they are sexually satisfied and enjoy sex "a great deal." Also, Democrats are more likely to be women; and the poll results show that women are more likely to fake orgasms.
in related news: Icelanders start having sex younger than any other nation according to Durex.

edited to add:

Of the top 15 in having the most frequent sex 12 nations are from Europe. The US is in 15th place.

Icelanders are most likely of owning vibrators of those questioned(52%)
( Last edited by Logic; Oct 18, 2004 at 09:50 AM. )

"If Bush says we hate freedom, let him tell us why we didn't attack Sweden, for example. OBL 29th oct

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Oct 18, 2004, 09:53 AM

Well, what else to do if it's dark and freezing cold for four months a year (except drink)?

Logic
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 18, 2004, 09:58 AM

Originally posted by Spheric Harlot:
Well, what else to do if it's dark and freezing cold for four months a year (except drink)?

"If Bush says we hate freedom, let him tell us why we didn't attack Sweden, for example. OBL 29th oct

Dakar
Professional Poster
Oct 18, 2004, 10:06 AM

Originally posted by Spheric Harlot:

Post on these forums over 6000 times...

spacefreak  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 18, 2004, 10:08 AM

Originally posted by Logic:
I didn't "forget". If they had attached actual survey numbers to that part, I would have quoted it.

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 18, 2004, 10:21 AM

fireside
Professional Poster
Oct 18, 2004, 10:28 AM

The poll analysis also reveals who has worn something sexy to enhance their sex life:
Republicans � 72 percent; Democrats � 62 percent
+
Among the factors that impact the survey results is that more men identify themselves as Republicans
=

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Oct 18, 2004, 10:36 AM

Spheric Harlot
Clinically Insane
Oct 18, 2004, 10:37 AM

Originally posted by Cody Dawg:
I dunno about that...

A big, empty grey box and a status bar that says "Error while loading www.noedesign.com/dev/KerryEdwards/index.html"

Oooo...

Edit: Wait, that was supposed to be that incredibly stupid Kerry/Edwards video set to Gaye's "Let's Get It On", right?

Must have been Safari's Lameness Filter that blocked it.

BRussell
Addicted to MacNN
Oct 18, 2004, 10:51 AM

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Oct 18, 2004, 11:29 AM

Originally posted by Logic:

in related news: Icelanders start having sex younger than any other nation according to Durex.

Knocking up your kinfolk during a cold dark drunken night when you're 13 is a good thing?

You ain't got nuthin on a hillbilly.

edited: I noticed that most of the women in Iceland own a vibrator. That says a lot. Yeah, I know it's cold, and shrinkage could be a problem for Icelandic men - but damn.

dgs212
Senior User
Oct 18, 2004, 12:05 PM

Originally posted by Spliffdaddy:
edited: I noticed that most of the women in Iceland own a vibrator. That says a lot. Yeah, I know it's cold, and shrinkage could be a problem for Icelandic men - but damn.
Vibrators aren't just for going solo...

Let me guess...in your house, it's missionary or nothing, without any of that wierdo commie fancy stuff?

dgs212
Senior User
Oct 18, 2004, 12:23 PM

Knocking up your kinfolk during a cold dark drunken night when you're 13 is a good thing?
Additionally, who said anything about getting pregnant? In fact, according to the UN Populations Division World Health Survey (1994), Iceland had 29 teen births per 1000 girls aged 15 to 19, while the US had 64 per 1000.

And their abortion rate per capita is lower than the US's, too (2.87 per 1000 population versus 4.17 per 1000).

Europeans just generally have healthier attitudes about sex, although "healthier" is debatable. If you view non-procreational sex as unhealthy, well there's not much I can do for you.

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Oct 18, 2004, 12:39 PM

No matter how you try to spin it - it isn't possible to avoid the stigma attached to being a man living in a society whose vibrator ownership leads the world.

But I ain't the type to poke fun at those sort of men.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

my ass, I ain't.

carry on.

deedar
Mac Elite
Oct 18, 2004, 12:49 PM

Front page news. Another fine example of American jounalism. BTW, the democrats (well, except my 18-yr old step-son) at my house are 100% satisfied with their sex lives.

dgs212
Senior User
Oct 18, 2004, 01:04 PM

Spliff, what you're saying is that people who masturbate are not fully satisfied by sex and this implies that their partners are poor lovers, correct?

I call bullsh*t.

Everyone masturbates, sexually satisfied or not. To someone with an eye towards sexual expression, rather than sexual restriction, the high proportion of women who own vibrators in iceland suggests that they are more open and free with their sexulity and not so hung up on bullsh*t morality that dictates what is proper sexual behavior. Women who own vibrators are better in bed, period.

Get over your world-view.

P.S. Check your Significant other's sock drawer. Bzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Oct 18, 2004, 01:17 PM

ACK!

How did you know was in the sock drawer?

Are you some sort of stalker?

Wait. I bet you put those things there.

Yeah. That's it.

dgs212
Senior User
Oct 18, 2004, 01:31 PM

ACK!

How did you know was in the sock drawer?

Are you some sort of stalker?

Wait. I bet you put those things there.

Yeah. That's it.
That's right. I'm the vibrator fairy, bestowing the gift of freaky-deaky, sexually confident women on the men of the world!

You're welcome, guys.

UR-20
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 18, 2004, 01:37 PM

Yet another reason to vote republican this comming election.

gerbnl
Grizzled Veteran
Oct 19, 2004, 12:45 AM

Originally posted by spacefreak:
I didn't "forget". If they had attached actual survey numbers to that part, I would have quoted it.
As if these numbers mean anything...

(well... other than that republicans tend to lie more than democrats, that is...)
These people are Americans. Don't expect anything meaningful or... uh... normalcy...

Forum Links
Forum Rules