Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Networking > airport express software

airport express software
Colonel Panic
Senior User
Oct 25, 2004, 10:25 AM

anyone have a link for the airport express configuration software?

moved from a vaca house. took hardware with me, left the CD. want to reconfigure the airport express base station from home. airport admin utility on home mac no can do....

can't find the software on apple's site...

Love Calm Quiet
Mac Elite
Oct 28, 2004, 11:53 AM

Same problem: Can't find "airport express assistant" at Apple Software or Updates.

I look at http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=162845 and it says...

Setting up a new AirPort Express or making changes to one
You can use the AirPort Express Assistant to set up a new AirPort Express or make changes to an AirPort Express you have already set up. You can use the AirPort Express Assistant to change the name of your network, the name of your remote speakers and other settings.
If you want to change other settings (such as advanced security options, closed networks, DHCP lease time, access control, WAN privacy, or power controls) use the AirPort Admin Utility, located in Application/Utilities on a Macintosh, or in Program Files on a computer using Windows XP or Windows 2000.

Unfortunately, the AIRPORT Admin Utility will not work (at least not until AE has been set up via AE Assistant.

Where am I supposed to be looking within APPLE's site?

Please... anybody?
TOMBSTONE: "He's trashed his last preferences"

Love Calm Quiet
Mac Elite
Oct 28, 2004, 12:19 PM

Well, here's the deal ( from the "genius") - I have to UPDATE my Airport software (to 4.0.1) - that will have the AirPort Express Assistant.

Well, I've declined to upgrade any AP software since 3.1.2~ - given all the varied glitches described in the forums.

Guess I can't any more. Please pray for me

Love Calm Quiet
Mac Elite
Oct 28, 2004, 12:45 PM

Final note to Colonel Panic:

"How do you spell 'scroode' ?

Talked to another "Genius" - since the Apple .dmg for Airport Update declined to install anything on my PB (because I didn't have Airport Express software installed in my system).

He tried to be so nice... but the message was SOL...

I can drive 2000 miles to find my CD-ROM - or have someone root around and find it for me.

I am *so* glad I suffered 2 years of AOL tech "support" in the early days -- prepared me for this incredible "help" from Apple.

Love Calm Quiet
Mac Elite
Oct 28, 2004, 02:50 PM

Ahh...
Thank you Mac community. Had to find a friend who hadn't buried the CD that came with his APX!. Thank you! Thank you!

BTW... the software update actually seems to have been a blessing. Both with an Graphite ABS and with APX I'm now getting WAY better signals (according to MacStumbler, not just the menu bars).

Great to be surfing again.

Forum Links
Forum Rules