Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > GUI Customization > Trouble with ShapeShifter 2's cursor sets? Try this.

Trouble with ShapeShifter 2's cursor sets? Try this.
Rafiki
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 28, 2004, 01:18 PM

I wasn't able to make the cursor sets included with Azure, Somatic, etc. work with ShapeShifter 2 until I did the following.

If your custom cursors aren't working, open Mighty Mouse and then click on the "Restore Defaults" button. Then open ShapeShifter and re-select the cursors you want and apply the changes. Voila, you should have cursors.

I know that this is pretty basic, but I've read of cursor trouble for some users but no solutions to the problem. This worked for me, but YMMV.

Regards,

- Dave

smeger
Mac Elite
Oct 28, 2004, 01:43 PM

It seemed that a lot of people applied a cursor set using ShapeShifter after they'd installed Mighty Mouse but [b]before{/b] they'd logged out/in. The result was that the cursor set wasn't installed, but ShapeShifter thought it was. The fix is log out/in (to make sure that Mighty Mouse is indeed installed), and then using ShapeShifter, set the cursors to default aqua and Apply, then set whatever cursors you want and Apply.
Geekspiff - generating spiffdiddlee software since before you began paying attention.

tiredraven
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 28, 2004, 02:12 PM

Worked like a charm. Thanks for the tip!

tiredraven

Rafiki  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 28, 2004, 04:09 PM

Originally posted by smeger:
It seemed that a lot of people applied a cursor set using ShapeShifter after they'd installed Mighty Mouse but before they'd logged out/in. The result was that the cursor set wasn't installed, but ShapeShifter thought it was. The fix is log out/in (to make sure that Mighty Mouse is indeed installed), and then using ShapeShifter, set the cursors to default aqua and Apply, then set whatever cursors you want and Apply.
Repeated logins and outs didn't solve the problem for me. While I was missing the cursors, until I tried the "restore defaults" Mighty-Mouse-thing, I figured that I'd just have to wait for an update to get it solved.

I installed MM after ShapeShifter, but that shouldn't have mattered. I also logged out immediately after installing SS hoping to avoid such annoyances.

Anyway my cursors are now adorned with a cursor set that compliments the theme I'm using, so all is well.

- Dave

Forum Links
Forum Rules