Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Powerbook battery icon/percentage/time not updating

Powerbook battery icon/percentage/time not updating
eScrib
Forum Regular
Oct 28, 2004, 01:12 PM

Just noticed this, so I'm not quite sure when it started happening, etc. I'm using a 1GHZ 12" PB, OS X.3.6

I was running off my battery last night, and I noticed it said 92%, yet I had been using the battery heavily for about 1 hour. I changed the battery icon to "time" it then updated to show the correct amount of time that was left, much less than the 92% that was showing. However, it did not update the time after that.

The battery is functioning properly; draining with no issues and charging with no problems. I'm not sure what else could be going on. Perhaps a reboot would fix this? I'll try that this evening, but I was wondering if others have experienced this?

Thanks!

ibook_steve
Oct 28, 2004, 01:46 PM

10.3.6? You should be at 10.3.5. In any case, try resetting the PMU and recalibrating the battery as noted in your manual.

Steve

eScrib  (op)
Forum Regular
Oct 28, 2004, 01:49 PM

lol

that's what I meant... I've read too many rumors lately

eScrib  (op)
Forum Regular
Oct 29, 2004, 08:48 AM

Reboot took care of it... We'll see if it resurfaces.

Forum Links
Forum Rules