Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Teens With Same-Sex Parents Well-Adjusted

Teens With Same-Sex Parents Well-Adjusted (Page 2)
Zimphire
Baninated
Nov 19, 2004, 03:01 PM

Originally posted by Severed Hand of Skywalker:
I say the US has bigger problems then gay parents. At least they don't pregnant by accident.

"The United States has the highest teen pregnancy rate of any developed country. It is twice as high as England, France & Canada, three times as high as Sweden and four times as high as The Netherlands."

Severed Hand of Skywalker
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 19, 2004, 03:03 PM

Originally posted by PacHead:
Yep, that was sort of my point also. Nothing against gays, but they don't have any right to children.
Why not? Are you saying people who are infertile also have no right to have kids? What about people that are too fat and ugly?

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Zimphire
Baninated
Nov 19, 2004, 03:04 PM

Originally posted by AB^2=BCxAC:
Zimph, Pac... admittedly this is one of those topics that desperately begs for you to walk in another person's shoes, and you refuse to do it. If you were gay, I doubt you'd really think that there is any moral equality between studies that try to reinforce homosexuality as deviant and dangerous and those which try to disprove stereotypes that cause harmless people like Matthew Shephard to be persecuted to death.
Lets get something straight here AB. There is a difference between believing something is immoral. And hating someone for it to the point of wanting to harm them.

I have no ill feelings toward homosexuals. They are no better or worse than I am.

I am sure many are better "people" that me.

I don't think I am on any high status because I am heterosexual.

We all do what we have to do to get by. No one is innocent.

the_glassman
Mac Elite
Nov 19, 2004, 03:07 PM

Why not? Are you saying people who are infertile also have no right to have kids? What about people that are too fat and ugly?
If your infertile it's natures way of telling you something. If you can have children on your own it's different. And I know for a fact that many fat, ugly people are having children.

GoGoReggieXPowars
Mac Elite
Nov 19, 2004, 03:08 PM

Also, I love the way straight guys use the derogitory term of "c0cksucker", they don't seem to mind when any girl offers it to them though
"Why is 'c0cksucker' a bad man? It's a good woman!" -George Carlin.

Though in this case it could also be a good man

GoGoReggieXPowars
Mac Elite
Nov 19, 2004, 03:09 PM

Originally posted by the_glassman:
If your infertile it's natures way of telling you something. If you can have children on your own it's different. And I know for a fact that many fat, ugly people are having children.
Very few people have children "on their own." They need help getting a fertilized ovum at some point.

the_glassman
Mac Elite
Nov 19, 2004, 03:10 PM

Originally posted by GoGoReggieXPowars:
Very few people have children "on their own." They need help getting a fertilized ovum at some point.
I find it hard to believe that so many people are infertile. If you need that much help to have a kid, maybe you shouldn't be having one?

PacHead
Baninated
Nov 19, 2004, 03:11 PM

Ugly has nothing to do with it. There's tons of dog ugly kids around.

My point is, it is biologically impossible for 2 gays to have a child. They are either gay by choice or by birth or whatever, but that doesn't change the fact that they were not meant to have children or else they wouldn't have been made gay to begin with. Seems like common sense to me.

Addicted to MacNN
Nov 19, 2004, 03:12 PM

I find it hard to believe that so many people are infertile. If you need that much help to have a kid, maybe you shouldn't be having one?
Thanks Hitler.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

d4nth3m4n
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 19, 2004, 03:13 PM

i know many people with gay parents. in fact, they are usually more loved and better adjusted than the kids with straight families.

as always with gay "issues", i fail to see the conflict. it's a lifestyle. and more importantly, it's their lifestyle.

Addicted to MacNN
Nov 19, 2004, 03:15 PM

Originally posted by PacHead:
Ugly has nothing to do with it. There's tons of dog ugly kids around.

My point is, it is biologically impossible for 2 gays to have a child. They are either gay by choice or by birth or whatever, but that doesn't change the fact that they were not meant to have children or else they wouldn't have been made gay to begin with. Seems like common sense to me.
Ok so if a girl gets pregnant from a guy, breaks up with him and then marries another guy then they have no right to be parents? That man had nothing to do with her pregnancy.

In the same regard woman that are infertile or need help getting pregnant have no right to have kids?

What if your sperm count is low and I tell you that you can't adopt.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

the_glassman
Mac Elite
Nov 19, 2004, 03:16 PM

Thanks Hitler.
How is that anything like Hitler? If you can't normally conceive a child, there's a reason for it. It's not my fault if you can't find a mate that works right, or your swimming boys suck.
Don't compare me to a fascists dictator, just because your plumbing doesn't work right.

Zimphire
Baninated
Nov 19, 2004, 03:17 PM

Thanks Hitler.

Addicted to MacNN
Nov 19, 2004, 03:17 PM

How is that anything like Hitler? If you can't normally conceive a child, there's a reason for it. It's not my fault if you can't find a mate that works right, or your swimming boys suck.
Don't compare me to a fascists dictator, just because your plumbing doesn't work right.
Answer this hot shot:

Ok so if a girl gets pregnant from a guy, breaks up with him and then marries another guy then they have no right to be parents? That man had nothing to do with her pregnancy.

In the same regard woman that are infertile or need help getting pregnant have no right to have kids?

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Blue Flame
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 19, 2004, 03:21 PM

do you realize what a ****ing tool you are? lots of people are infertile and it has nothing to do with "nature trying to tell them something."

Go do some reading and talk to some people before you shoot your fool mouth off.

Superchicken
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 19, 2004, 03:21 PM

SWG have you ever thought of reading any of the psychological material published on homosexuality? The kind that hasn't been censored by the gay activists and what not? Freedom of speech still exists. You might find that the information isn't degrading and might actually help you come to a fuller understanding of what you do and why you do it. Some even argue that actually all children start out homosexual and become heterosexual before they hit puberty or somewhere around there.

There is no problem with being well read.

hayesk
Nov 19, 2004, 03:25 PM

Originally posted by Superchicken:
SWG have you ever thought of reading any of the psychological material published on homosexuality? The kind that hasn't been censored by the gay activists and what not? Freedom of speech still exists. You might find that the information isn't degrading and might actually help you come to a fuller understanding of what you do and why you do it. Some even argue that actually all children start out homosexual and become heterosexual before they hit puberty or somewhere around there.

Reading studies and selectively believing the ones that agree with your preformed opinion has nothing to do with being well read.

Addicted to MacNN
Nov 19, 2004, 03:26 PM

Nope, I am happy with who I am and I see miserable straight people every day that I don't want to be like. I love my boyfriend, don't feel that I need to be cured or changed in any way. Just about every week I say to myself "Thank god I am gay". I know my mom and sister also love the fact that I am gay and the idea that I might adopt a kid some day.

If you or anyone eles thinks that is wrong I don't give a hoot as your say has nothing to do with my life. I am going to get married and adopt kids because I live in a great country that allows me to do that (as I pay taxes so why shouldn't I). I feel sorry for people who live in other countries where they are forced to pay taxes but not have the rights of other citizens because some disagree with their lifestyle.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

the_glassman
Mac Elite
Nov 19, 2004, 03:29 PM

Answer this hot shot:

What if, what if, what if. Whatever. I never mentioned anything about people not having the right to do anything. (I said, "aren't they giving up their right?")
To me, it makes sense if you are gay you can't naturally conceive a child and more than likely wouldn't want one in the first place. If you can get pregnant without the help of medical science that's fine. And if you still want to have a child because you or your mate has fertility issues go ahead, but don't compare me to Hitler because your swimming boys can't cut it.
Adoption is a completely different subject, the kids there because nobody wanted them or couldn't have them!

phoenixboy70
Mac Elite
Nov 19, 2004, 03:31 PM

should you ever develop a disease which makes it impossible for you to walk, remind me to kick that wheelchair out from under your a55. nature is clearly telling you you shouldn't be moving around.

the_glassman
Mac Elite
Nov 19, 2004, 03:32 PM

Originally posted by Blue Flame:
do you realize what a ****ing tool you are? lots of people are infertile and it has nothing to do with "nature trying to tell them something."

Go do some reading and talk to some people before you shoot your fool mouth off.
Okay, start naming them. I happen to work in the medical field, so if you referring to diseases and such you can throw that right out the window. Why are they so infertile?

Addicted to MacNN
Nov 19, 2004, 03:33 PM

What if, what if, what if. Whatever. I never mentioned anything about people not having the right to do anything. (I said, "aren't they giving up their right?")
To me, it makes sense if you are gay you can't naturally conceive a child and more than likely wouldn't want one in the first place. If you can get pregnant without the help of medical science that's fine. And if you still want to have a child because you or your mate has fertility issues go ahead, but don't compare me to Hitler because your swimming boys can't cut it.
Adoption is a completely different subject, the kids there because nobody wanted them or couldn't have them!
Sorry Hitler, my swimming boys can cut it. I can have a woman artificially inseminated with my "swimming boys" a Lesbian can get pregnant the same way. So biologically it is possible.

Either way, doesn't matter what you say as I can do what I want, and I will. Don't need your approval.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Blue Flame
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 19, 2004, 03:33 PM

wow, you're just full of insight aren't you? go back to your toolshed. there are many reason to adopt or be adopted, not just because "someone didn't want you" or you couldn't have kids.

Superchicken
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 19, 2004, 03:34 PM

Nope, I am happy with who I am and I see miserable straight people every day that I don't want to be like. I love my boyfriend, don't feel that I need to be cured or changed in any way. Just about every week I say to myself "Thank god I am gay". I know my mom and sister also love the fact that I am gay and the idea that I might adopt a kid some day.

If you or anyone eles thinks that is wrong I don't give a hoot as your say has nothing to do with my life. I am going to get married and adopt kids because I live in a great country that allows me to do that (as I pay taxes so why shouldn't I). I feel sorry for people who live in other countries where they are forced to pay taxes but not have the rights of other citizens because some disagree with their lifestyle.
Well that's unfortunate... looking into how one's mind works is never a bad thing. I just finished reading a book for my counselling course that helped me understand why I relate to people in the ways that I do and what I need to make an effort to do in my relationships that will allow me to deepen them and become more fulfilled in them.

Who we are and what traits we express are always reflect on who we are in the inside. You say that you're happy being you. Fine, if you understand why you are the way you are why do you feel that you would some how suddenly feel unhappy? Ignorance is bliss or what? Much of the material out there is not on cures, and some don't really believe in curing in the way many people who struggle with homosexuality. However there is generally a stress on the fact that someone who is a homosexual needs to learn to accept themselves and love themselves. This is true for people of any sexual tenancy.

Again, learning the other side is never a bad thing. Would you respect me if I said I never listened to anyone else talk about their religious beliefs because I'm happy being a Christian and thus don't even want to know if anyone else has more insight on life? You cheat yourself when you worry knowledge might change you.

the_glassman
Mac Elite
Nov 19, 2004, 03:38 PM

Originally posted by phoenixboy70:
should you ever develop a disease which makes it impossible for you to walk, remind me to kick that wheelchair out from under your a55. nature is clearly telling you you shouldn't be moving around.
There's a difference between enabling someone who was stricken with a disease vs. someone who doesn't have the natural ability to procreate.

Blue Flame
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 19, 2004, 03:38 PM

Okay, start naming them. I happen to work in the medical field, so if you referring to diseases and such you can throw that right out the window. Why are they so infertile?
wait, let me get this straight -- you work in the "medical field" (care to clarify what that is btw?) and you don't think diseases have anything to do with infertility?

Here's for starters:

1. Can be genetic -- infertility is a trait carried on the X-chromosome
2. Diseases (Endometriosis for example)
3. Amenorrhea
4. Sperm defect

I can go on if you like......

Addicted to MacNN
Nov 19, 2004, 03:39 PM

There's a difference between enabling someone who was stricken with a disease vs. someone who doesn't have the natural ability to procreate.
Ok so lets go kick woman at the fertility clinic, or men with low sperm counts.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

the_glassman
Mac Elite
Nov 19, 2004, 03:41 PM

wow, you're just full of insight aren't you? go back to your toolshed. there are many reason to adopt or be adopted, not just because "someone didn't want you" or you couldn't have kids.

I don't think you can comprehend, why do you think there are so many children available for adaption. I never said anything about adopting children because you couldn't have them you dolt. Children are up for adoption for one reason and one reason only. Because nobody wanted them! As in the children waiting to be adopted, do you understand it now?

phoenixboy70
Mac Elite
Nov 19, 2004, 03:45 PM

You cheat yourself when you worry knowledge might change you.
what makes you think he doesn't know?

in general, the first step of realization is that there is absolutely nothing wrong or unhealthy with being sexually attracted to the same sex. that, for some, is a big step forward.

the second step is to realize that "morals" and personal ethics really don't play into this since (in a societal context) nobody else is influenced, hurt, discriminated against or in any other way negatively effected by same sex relationships.

from there it should become pretty much a non issue. like skin color etc.

phoenixboy70
Mac Elite
Nov 19, 2004, 03:46 PM

no.

Superchicken
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 19, 2004, 03:47 PM

Lemmie guess you're the guy who empties bed pans?

cpt kangarooski
Mac Elite
Nov 19, 2004, 03:47 PM

How do couples of the same sex have children? I thought it was biologically impossible?
Well, we're probably only a few decades away from women being able to reproduce with one another. A lot of lab work would have to be done, but that's not so strange at this point.
--
This and all my other posts are hereby in the public domain. I am a lawyer. But I'm not your lawyer, and this isn't legal advice.

Blue Flame
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 19, 2004, 03:48 PM

I don't think you can comprehend, why do you think there are so many children available for adaption. I never said anything about adopting children because you couldn't have them you dolt. Children are up for adoption for one reason and one reason only. Because nobody wanted them! As in the children waiting to be adopted, do you understand it now?
Yes, i understand completely what you are saying and I'm telling you that you have the intelligence of a lead brick. Kids are put up for adoption for many reasons, such as accidental pregnancies where they are unable to provide for the child, or too old to want to have another child (i.e. pregnant in their 40s-50s, or those who get pregnant and realize after that they are not ready for kids yet.

You see the difference? They don't "not want them," it's that they can't properly provide for them.

This isn't even the full gambit -- if you would like to educate yourself (although I doubt you will put any effort into this) then read some literature on adoption and infertility. You'd be surprised what actually happens in the real world.

You may go back to stocking Advil on the shelves of your "medical field" in Walgreen's now.

Addicted to MacNN
Nov 19, 2004, 03:49 PM

Children are up for adoption for one reason and one reason only. Because nobody wanted them!
Wow, you're dumb. Ever hear of the parents dropping dead? Taken away by the state because of poor living conditions? Sexual abuse? Drug addicted parents? Living on the streets with poor parents?

Man, you are really dumb.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

phoenixboy70
Mac Elite
Nov 19, 2004, 03:53 PM

Originally posted by cpt kangarooski:
Well, we're probably only a few decades away from women being able to reproduce with one another. A lot of lab work would have to be done, but that's not so strange at this point.
errr, one word - cloning. we don't even have to wait a few decades. my prediction: commonplace by 2010...

the_glassman
Mac Elite
Nov 19, 2004, 03:54 PM

wait, let me get this straight -- you work in the "medical field" (care to clarify what that is btw?) and you don't think diseases have anything to do with infertility?

Here's for starters:

1. Can be genetic -- infertility is a trait carried on the X-chromosome
2. Diseases (Endometriosis for example)
3. Amenorrhea
4. Sperm defect

I can go on if you like......
A disease is natural is it not? It's brought on by something isn't it? So if you got an STD and now you can't have kids that's somehow my fault?
Are we not responsible for our own bodies? What ever happened to survival of the fittest? If you have weak genes are passing them on, it's not my fault. With all these test tube babies we're just going to have more people who need doctors to help them conceive. Coupled with all the fat people health insurance is just going to keep going up. I'm sure it works better in the Canadian system.

So you're swimming boys are fine, but you can't conceive with your partner (whom you've chosen).
Once you can have and carry the child in your body, I'd be all for it.

the_glassman
Mac Elite
Nov 19, 2004, 03:56 PM

Wow, you're dumb. Ever hear of the parents dropping dead? Taken away by the state because of poor living conditions? Sexual abuse? Drug addicted parents? Living on the streets with poor parents?

Man, you are really dumb.
Right, and they wouldn't go to next of kin first? They don't check with a relative or friend of god mother or father they go straight to the orphanage?

Blue Flame
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 19, 2004, 03:57 PM

A disease is natural is it not? It's brought on by something isn't it? So if you got an STD and now you can't have kids that's somehow my fault?
Are we not responsible for our own bodies? What ever happened to survival of the fittest? If you have weak genes are passing them on, it's not my fault. With all these test tube babies we're just going to have more people who need doctors to help them conceive. Coupled with all the fat people health insurance is just going to keep going up. I'm sure it works better in the Canadian system.

So you're swimming boys are fine, but you can't conceive with your partner (whom you've chosen).

Addicted to MacNN
Nov 19, 2004, 03:57 PM

Wrong again, I can choose plenty of women who would be willing to carry a child for me.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

phoenixboy70
Mac Elite
Nov 19, 2004, 03:59 PM

Are we not responsible for our own bodies? What ever happened to survival of the fittest?
it obviously ended with you coming into existence.

the_glassman
Mac Elite
Nov 19, 2004, 04:01 PM

Wrong again, I can choose plenty of women who would be willing to carry a child for me.
But you have no plans of being with the mother, is that ethical to you? Not to mention you are not attracted to her, not plan on having any actual relationship.
If all you guys need help from medical science to grow hair, get it up, stay slim or have a kid, that's your business. But just because you can do it, does it me we should?

Addicted to MacNN
Nov 19, 2004, 04:09 PM

But you have no plans of being with the mother, is that ethical to you? Not to mention you are not attracted to her, not plan on having any actual relationship.
If all you guys need help from medical science to grow hair, get it up, stay slim or have a kid, that's your business. But just because you can do it, does it me we should?
Right, so single fathers/mothers are also bad.

Your own stupidity is going to implode soon.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Blue Flame
Dedicated MacNNer
Nov 19, 2004, 04:10 PM

Your own stupidity is going to implode soon.
once can only hope.....

SimeyTheLimey
Posting Junkie
Nov 19, 2004, 04:14 PM

This is true for people of any sexual tenancy.
I love the malapropism.

Anyway, my sexuality is held in fee simple, but thanks for the interest.

cpt kangarooski
Mac Elite
Nov 19, 2004, 04:38 PM

phoenixboy70--
errr, one word - cloning. we don't even have to wait a few decades. my prediction: commonplace by 2010...
I'm not talking about cloning, I'm talking about combining the genetic material from two eggs to create a unique person. And it's not as though we've worked out all the bugs with cloning. At any rate, I think it'll take longer to make it work, and longer yet to be commonplace. Five years is very optimistic IMO.

Simey--
I like it. And I guess break ups and rebounds could be handled by a fee simple subject to executory limitation.
--
This and all my other posts are hereby in the public domain. I am a lawyer. But I'm not your lawyer, and this isn't legal advice.

GoGoReggieXPowars
Mac Elite
Nov 19, 2004, 04:41 PM

Originally posted by SimeyTheLimey:
I love the malapropism.

Anyway, my sexuality is held in fee simple, but thanks for the interest.
So, no cohabitation for you?

SimeyTheLimey
Posting Junkie
Nov 19, 2004, 04:47 PM

Originally posted by GoGoReggieXPowars:
So, no cohabitation for you?
I was going to make a joke about easement rights, but I think this has gone far enough.

phoenixboy70
Mac Elite
Nov 19, 2004, 04:51 PM

Originally posted by cpt kangarooski:
I'm not talking about cloning, I'm talking about combining the genetic material from two eggs to create a unique person...
i know, i was just taking it a step further. creating offspring through 'sexual' activity is completely circumstantial. the whole process is in constant flux. in terms of the bigger picture, of course.

i think cloning will be fairly commonplace in the 'near future' (okay, maybe not 2010, but certainly within the next 50 years or so.)

the whole argument about same sex couples not being able to 'naturally reproduce' is total crap.

Evan_11
Mac Enthusiast
Nov 19, 2004, 04:56 PM

What is your fascination with penis'? Since when is 1 parent with a penis ok but 2 and the kid is warped? Sure if they slapped the kid with their penis the kid may turn out warped but other then that I don't see how it would negatively effect them.

Unless the kid gets teased by hateful homophobes but then the problem is with the other people not them.
Check it out, the star wars dork is replying under two separate aliases in the same thread.

What a loser.

OT: Not to say that two homosexuals cannot raise a child normaly it just isn't normal.

Problem is that this is more liberal speak that we are indeed all phucked up and should just live with our differences.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Nov 19, 2004, 05:10 PM

Originally posted by Disgruntled Head of C-3PO:
"Adolescents who have two moms as parents are no different from teens growing up with a mother and a father, a new study finds."
LIBERAL PROPAGANDA !

-t

Forum Links
Forum Rules