Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Portable MP3 Players for Mac

Portable MP3 Players for Mac
SupahCoolX
Mac Elite
Oct 26, 2000, 08:28 PM

Can someone give me a list of all Mac-compatible portable MP3 players on the market now? They have to have some type of USB connection, too. I know about the players that play MP3 CDs, but don't list those because I don't want one (I prefer the smaller and shock resistant regular mp3 players). Thanks!

Nschiro
Oct 26, 2000, 10:28 PM

Check out Rio and especially Creative Nomad. Creative Nomad has just been advertised in Yahoo lately and it is mac compatible. It looks really cool. It hold I believe 5 or 6 gigabytes and is usb compatible. From the looks of it it is about the size of a portable cd player (i.e. sony discman)...It is a bit pricey though ($499) but take a look....It looks pretty good!

mlapera
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 9, 2000, 09:45 PM

You also might want to look into the Sony recordable MiniDisc with Digital PC Link (a USB - optical cable). You can record from your favorite Mac Music Player (SoundJam, Audion, etc.). MiniDisc's hold 74 to 80 minutes of music and the discs cost less then $2 each.

Forum Links
Forum Rules