Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Starry Night on OS X

Starry Night on OS X
Jsnuff1
Mac Elite
Dec 7, 2004, 12:17 PM

I am going to buy a Meade LX200 telescope soon and would like to know what fellow mac users that have this telescope (or similar) use software wise. The software that comes with meade telescopes(autostar software) does not work with OSX, so my initial option was to get a crappy PC labtop off ebay just for the telescope.Of course i would like to avoid this if possible. I recently came across Starry Night and would like to know peoples experciences with it. According to the website the software can control meade telescopes, is this as easy as selecting the object and the telescope (accuratly) points to it, like autostar does? Also, i will be using this telescope for a lot of CCD imaging so does anyone know if the new CCD camera by meade is compatable with Starry Night, or does it not even have CCD imaging cababilities? If not are there other mac compatable software for CCD imaging? Thanks much for any reponse to these questions.

Simon X
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 7, 2004, 01:43 PM

First off I have never used these apps. In fact I don't even have a telescope, my brother has that, but did come across these other apps in the past which you might want to check out.

SkyChart III

Scope Driver

Jsnuff1  (op)
Mac Elite
Dec 8, 2004, 01:29 AM

Anything on controling telescopic CCD cameras via OSX ?

Forum Links
Forum Rules