Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Gaming > Diablo II OS X installer breaks under new Tiger seed 323

Diablo II OS X installer breaks under new Tiger seed 323
CincyGamer
Dec 10, 2004, 04:25 PM

Can anybody else test this? I cannot get the Diablo II OS X Native installer to work under the new seed of Tiger 8A323. I send an email to Blizzard, but have not heard anything. Can someone else try it for me?

Thanks!!

rbarris
Blizzard Staff
Dec 10, 2004, 10:34 PM

feel free to send me a more detailed email with any screenshots or crash logs. We'll figure out what is up and if we need to revise anything or if we need to file bugs with Apple.

rbarris "at" blizzard.com

CincyGamer  (op)
Dec 13, 2004, 10:55 AM

I havent been able to send rbarris the details yet, but it appears to be a nil value error for a string in some CFMutableString method. I think I have enough information for Rob so he can go in and fix the code very easily/quickly. This appears similiar to a NullPointerException in Java. I'll send you what you need later tonight and the specific Error messages and screens you need.

Thanks very much for all your help Rob!

CincyGamer  (op)
Dec 31, 2004, 05:11 PM

The installer 2.0 does not work for WoW etiher with ADC Tiger build 8A323. It shows a window with the login gateway screen with the pillars and flames but offers no textfileds or buttons to press.

Please investigate this rbarris if you can. This is going to cause problems with Tiger is released.

deboerjo
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 31, 2004, 07:06 PM

As requested by mods over in the OS X forum, please direct Tiger related questions to Apple and other software companies concerned, not here. Nobody here is going to be able to help you. Early prerelease builds are going to have bugs. LOTS of bugs. If you're going to beta test Tiger, you have to learn to expect this, that's what beta testers are for. Report the problem to Apple and it will be fixed. If you can't live with bugs, then don't use prerelease software, use Panther.

The iMac Man
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 31, 2004, 07:22 PM

Yeah man, sheesh. Tiger is not even released and you are all over the place trying to find out why stuff doesn't work!?

And you are a developer? I'd think you'd know better....
-iMac
(The PC to Mac CoD Mod Converter)

Get Mac Game Mods Here: Macologist.org

a2daj
Mac Elite
Dec 31, 2004, 09:40 PM

You already have Rob's email address. Just send him a note.

CincyGamer  (op)
Jan 28, 2005, 11:03 AM

Seems to be fixed now. There was a new Tiger release.

a2daj
Mac Elite
Jan 28, 2005, 07:36 PM

Is there anything in your NDA that mentions not talking about Tiger specifics in public? I'm just curious.

The iMac Man
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 28, 2005, 08:05 PM

This guy is just bragging....
-iMac

CincyGamer  (op)
Feb 2, 2005, 04:34 AM

this isnt Tiger NDA violation. All I have said is that Wow doesnt work on Tiger. That is a problem with Blizzard's Wow. Wow runs on top of the OS. Just like I could say Virtual PC 7 doesnt run on Tiger (hypothetical). Thats not saying much.

If I said Wow doesnt work on Mac OS X 10.9 (Futura) and 10.9 was top-secret then that is NDA because I would be annoucing a top-secret product. Or I went in an announced Virtual PC 8 was 100% 128-bit (its not). The person/people that annouced mac mini before the show. that is a real example of NDA breakage. But fine, maybe my post was inappropriate.
World of Warcraft is officially not supported on 10.4 so who cares. How they fixed it is NDA, and I'm not telling because that would be NDA violation. Its just a game.

a2daj
Mac Elite
Feb 2, 2005, 01:04 PM

My understanding is that the NDA covers any comments on issues, crashes, performance, as well as undisclosed features and capabilities.
( Last edited by a2daj; Feb 2, 2005 at 01:13 PM. )

Brad Oliver
Aspyr Staff
Feb 2, 2005, 01:52 PM

Originally posted by CincyGamer:
this isnt Tiger NDA violation.
You need to read that NDA a little closer. Additionally, Apple has recently placed text in bold red caps on the developer download site that explains the key points of the NDA: namely, you can't talk about anything that relates to pre-release software in a public forum.
Brad Oliver
bradman AT pobox DOT com

The iMac Man
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 2, 2005, 10:55 PM

He also announced that there was a new build released.... surely that's breaking the NDA.
-iMac

Minch_Yoda
Feb 3, 2005, 04:17 AM

can someone post this nda i want to read it

omar96
Dedicated MacNNer
Feb 4, 2005, 01:13 PM

Based on what I've read about NDA's, the NDA may even include a clause preventing the signer from talking about the specifics of the NDA itself, so that's not going to happen
eMac 1.25GHz | 1.5GB PC2700 | 250GB Maxtor HDD | 8x LiteOn DVD+-RW

Sawtooth 1.5GHz | 1GB PC133 | 120GB Maxtor HDD | 40x CD-RW (external) | 16x DVD-ROM | Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB

Forum Links
Forum Rules