Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > South Park Season 9: Are you still in?

South Park Season 9: Are you still in?
andreas_g4
Professional Poster
Mar 9, 2005, 03:09 PM

I must admit that I can hardly say what Season I liked the most, but season 7 and 8 were great, IMO. The 100. show (704: "cancelled") was especially cool. And the 8th season has at least 7 or 8 really funny episodes, my favorite is "Good Times With Weapons".

I am surprised that they still can make me lough, but they do, and that's why I like SP still so much. Not in each and every episode, but mostly there are some scenes where I really burst into tears.

e.g.

Today the 9th season starts, do you still watch SP?

songoku912
Forum Regular
Mar 9, 2005, 03:46 PM

Definitely. The show has gotten better with age imo, I'm there tonight.

theJoKell
Forum Regular
Mar 9, 2005, 03:58 PM

Of course I'm watching tonight!

techweenie1
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 9, 2005, 04:02 PM

Hell yeah!

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Mar 9, 2005, 04:53 PM

The show definitely has improved with age. The uncanny thing is that Parker and Stone are able to produce episodes so quickly that they now seem to reference current events only a week or so old. I even remember seeing a recent episode that was so prescient, it made me think they had access to a time machine - can't remember the subject of the episode right now, though.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

andreas_g4  (op)
Professional Poster
Mar 9, 2005, 05:02 PM

Originally posted by Big Mac:
The show definitely has improved with age. The uncanny thing is that Parker and Stone are able to produce episodes so quickly that they now seem to reference current events only a week or so old. I even remember seeing a recent episode that was so prescient, it made me think they had access to a time machine - can't remember the subject of the episode right now, though.
Two days after Saddam was captured, they used that image. I can't recall the exact episode, either. "Hey relax. I want to negociate."

Mafia
Mac Elite
Mar 9, 2005, 06:05 PM

this show really has gotten so much better as time progresses. i watched some of season 1 and 2 the other night and was hardly amused. but any episode after season 4 make me laugh a lot. lol especially season 8. awesome 5000 and good times with weapons are definitely winners.
http://www.mafia-designs.com

Spliff
Mac Elite
Mar 9, 2005, 06:12 PM

What does Matt Stone actually do on the show besides a few voices? It seems as if Trey Parker writes every episode.

Mafia
Mac Elite
Mar 9, 2005, 06:17 PM

provide whipits?
http://www.mafia-designs.com

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 9, 2005, 06:22 PM

I think I heard that they can produce an entire episodes worth of animation in a week. If the episode is already done, they can change a segment of it in a day or so.

I love South Park. I thought the last season had a few more mediocre and forgettable episodes than most, but they are still on top of their game. I think they were focusing more energy on Team America: World Police. The show suffered a bit when South Park the Movie came out as well.

At any rate, I can't wait for the new season.

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Mar 9, 2005, 06:40 PM

Originally posted by andreas_g4:
Two days after Saddam was captured, they used that image. I can't recall the exact episode, either. "Hey relax. I want to negociate."
You're probably referring to "It's Christmas in Canada," featuring the bearded Saddam as the new prime minister.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

Cubeoid
Baninated
Mar 9, 2005, 07:00 PM

e901 - "Mr. Garrison's Fancy New Vagina"

- sounds like a classic already

Zimphire
Baninated
Mar 9, 2005, 08:25 PM

Yeah I still watch them.

And I probably always will as long as they continue to make fun of everyone, and don't take sides.

andreas_g4  (op)
Professional Poster
Mar 9, 2005, 09:41 PM

wow, I'm surprised of the positive feedback. I had a talk with a guy one who said that he couldn't watch SP 'cause it's getting weak. Here in Germany season 6, 7 and 8 didn't even run on TV and I asked him if he saw these seasons by downloading like me. He said that he found the quality of the files too crappy.

If there's a TV show I could care less of the picture quality and mor for the content � guess what it is to me� He was stupid anyway.

nforcer
Mac Elite
Mar 9, 2005, 11:48 PM

South Park has improved with age, unlike the Simpsons. It's best when it parodies something current and takes it to the extreme.
Genius. You know who.

nforcer
Mac Elite
Mar 10, 2005, 06:11 AM

Watch out for the first 2 mins of 9x01 unless you take blood very well.
Genius. You know who.

Cubeoid
Baninated
Mar 10, 2005, 06:40 AM

If there's a "weird stupid funny ****" award. Southpark wins.

awaspaas
Mac Elite
Mar 10, 2005, 10:30 AM

I've noticed they have a bit of a libertarian bias embedded in their satire (but so do Penn & Teller), but it's still one of the most entertaining shows on TV. And Kyle's dad as a dolphin was one of the more disturbing things I've seen this week.

as2
Mac Elite
Mar 10, 2005, 11:30 AM

They had a 'Top 100' cartoons thing on TV here in the UK the other day, and Matt and Trey were giving some insight into things with SP.

Basically said they are having a tough time with new storylines.. everytime they come up with something, someone on the writing team says 'Sorry, Simpsons have done that!'

They said why can't the simpsons wrap things up and give someone else a chance, but I think they are doing ok for themselves!
[img=http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/1300/desktj.jpg]

m a d r a
Mac Elite
Mar 10, 2005, 12:18 PM

i don't get to see SP as much as i'd like. it always seems to be stuck on during the graveyard shift over here in the UK. i dunno what series we're on at the minute [probably years behind] but there was an episode on the other week which had me and the GF almost crying with laughter -

mr. garrison[?] invented a new form of travel where the user had to sit inside a giant wheel and take a penis-shaped control up the arse, one in the mouth and 'masturbate' another one with each hand to make the thing go - everyone in town was trying it out and having the expected outraged reaction to having a control lever shoved up their arse, but then saying "it's still better than they treat you at the airport" [or words to that effect]

f**king hilarious!

anthonyvthc
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 10, 2005, 12:28 PM

Man last night's episode was good. They really keep pushing the envelope. "If you want you can just scramble the brains and I'll ***** it out later." OMFG!!!!

techweenie1
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 10, 2005, 02:10 PM

So it is going to Mrs. Garrison from now on?

BasketofPuppies
Professional Poster
Mar 10, 2005, 02:15 PM

Is this the last season or is there one more after this one?

The season premiere was weak. The story and gags felt forced.
inscrutable impenetrable impregnable inconceivable

andreas_g4  (op)
Professional Poster
Mar 10, 2005, 02:15 PM

Originally posted by nforcer:
Watch out for the first 2 mins of 9x01 unless you take blood very well.
I should have cared about your warning. Bah, I hate that stuff.

Forum Links
Forum Rules