Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > How Racial P.C. Corrupted the LAPD

How Racial P.C. Corrupted the LAPD
typoon
Addicted to MacNN
May 11, 2005, 12:50 PM

"Evil is Powerless If the Good are Unafraid." -Ronald Reagan

Apple and Intel, the dawning of a NEW era.

Millennium
Clinically Insane
May 11, 2005, 01:05 PM

I think the author has been watching too many Dragnet reruns. Not that I mean to knock Dragnet -it was before my time, but I've watched reruns on and off for years- but although the stories were based on real incidents, the characters were fictional.

I have trouble with affirmative action myself, but the LAPD was infamous for racially-motivated brutality long before this article claims the whole mess started. I do not know exactly when, how, or why it began, but it is older than this article says. Affirmative action may have caused many problems, but this isn't one of them.
You are in Soviet Russia. It is dark. Grue is likely to be eaten by YOU!

poulh
Mac Enthusiast
May 11, 2005, 01:05 PM

yet another example how the democratic party has changed from a party that used to help people who started out in life with less of a chance to a party that buys votes by pushing mediocrity and trying to get wage hikes for people who don't deserve them.

great article
12" Aluminum Powerbook
1.5Ghz G4 | 512Mb Ram | GeForce FX Go5200

SVass
Mac Elite
May 11, 2005, 01:16 PM

So you found an American Enterprise Institute magazine (obviously not politically oriented) that says the LAPD had no corrupt or dishonest policemen before they hired blacks. The author also says that Mark Fuhrman, an admitted/convicted perjurer, was not a racist. Next we will learn that our army had never won a victory before it conquered Kabul. sam

Gee-Man
Senior User
May 13, 2005, 11:32 AM

This is one of the most poorly-researched articles I've seen in a long time. The author is willing to totally ignore nearly a century of LAPD history to "prove" something he already believes.

A simple Google search of LAPD corruption will uncover plenty of history and evidence of problems in the LAPD that started long before 1981 - some of it as far back as the 1920s. Affirmative action has absolutely nothing to do with corruption in the LAPD. Yet another confusion of correlation and causation here.

Forum Links
Forum Rules