Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > My new iMac G5 pictures inside

My new iMac G5 pictures inside
markb8705
Dedicated MacNNer
May 11, 2005, 05:01 PM

NO WIRES

klamyfeat
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 11, 2005, 05:19 PM

markb,

What type of wireless mouse do you use? Is it BT or does it come with it's own wireless receptor port?

Am I correct in assuming that the Apple BT keyboard does NOT have any USB1.1 ports? I'd love to have the same wireless setup but without the USB1.1 ports on keyboard, it might not work for me especially if your mouse requires the use of an external transmitter (which would most likely use one of the iMac's USB ports).

markb8705  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
May 11, 2005, 05:36 PM

its a Logitech MX 1000 and its not bluetooth... and the keyboard does not have USB ports in it.... dissappointed me too but i understand

iREZ
Professional Poster
May 11, 2005, 05:50 PM

how bout this.
NOW YOU SEE ME! 2.4 MBP and 2.0 MBP (running ubuntu)

klamyfeat
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 11, 2005, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by markb8705
its a Logitech MX 1000 and its not bluetooth... and the keyboard does not have USB ports in it.... dissappointed me too but i understand
Is there a real advantage in using a BT mouse vs another form or wireless mouse? Do other wireless mouse systems experience less drop-outs than BT? I've Google'd this topic and opinion on BT connection fidelity is varied.....some people have no problems, others hate BT because their connections consistently required re-intializing.

I've been looking at the Logitech MX900 specifically and it comes with a USB 'hub' which also serves as a charger. From what I've read, the charger would be very handy because it seems that BT mice and wireless mice in general, suck up the battery life quickly. BT keyboards in contrast, seem quite good at conserving battery power.

Unfortunatley, having a charger/hub would increase desk clutter, effectively eliminating the advantage of the minimalist BT/wireless setup. I guess I could place the charger/hub at the side of my desk since I wouldn't need to hookup the charger/hub directily to my iMac since BT is built-in.

Thanks for the input.

Eug Wanker
Posting Junkie
Location: Dangling something in the water… of the Arabian Sea
May 11, 2005, 09:28 PM

The RF wireless mice have this big huge transmitter that have to plug into the back of the iMac. The iMac's Bluetooth transmitter is internal.

Oh, and Mark, you suck! My ship date for my iMac 2.0 20" BTO has been pushed back until the 20th.

MacB
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 11, 2005, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by markb8705

NO WIRES

How does the screen look? Have you compared it to the 20" or 23" cinema display?

Hodog16
May 11, 2005, 11:57 PM

Very nice. I have to hold off on ordering my imac for another week or two and it's killin' me! Seeing your pics don't help

But it is giving me more time to research speakers, mice, and RAM options.

Lateralus
Moderator Emeritus
May 12, 2005, 12:36 AM

Congrats. Waiting for my iMac to ship as well.

But I'm gonna lock this one up. Feel free to post your picture in the existing thread linked to above.
I like chicken
I like liver
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er

Forum Links
Forum Rules