Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Where is my New PowerMac G5 coming from?

Where is my New PowerMac G5 coming from?
dvenne
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 20, 2005, 07:31 AM

I ordered a new G5 DP2.0 BTO from the Apple Store in Canada. I received confirmation that it has shipped by a carrier "Same Day Right Away" and I have a tracking number. The only thing is that my number doesn't work. Do you guys know if all BTO G5 are assembled in Taiwan or maybe they are done in country i.e. USA? Thanks in advance, knowing where the package is originated will help me estimate how long it will take for me to start admiring this G5 on my desk!!

d.fine
Mac Elite
May 20, 2005, 08:19 AM

Hard to tell I guess, mine was shipped from Ireland (live in Belgium), I had to wait 4 weeks, good for you it shipped so soon.
Strange though the tracking number doesn't work... have your tried more than once?

stuffing feathers up your b*tt doesn't make you a chicken.

dvenne  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 20, 2005, 09:20 AM

Yes I did, the Same day courrier seems to be less than big delivery company. Also, it seems to be in business only in Canada. That is why I think it might of been shipped from within Canada. I guess it would be good news since it would be here pretty fast.

propropro
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 20, 2005, 09:34 AM

Have you tried putting the tracking number ("80XXXXXXXX") in here?: http://www.apecode.com/appletrack/

dvenne  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 20, 2005, 09:43 AM

I just tried but since I do not have any numbers that starts with 80, it doesn't work. Maybe this tracking device is only for Europe.

dvenne  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 20, 2005, 10:27 AM

I just talked to the delivery company and they don't know where it is coming from but that said I should have it wednesday since it is going to be in Toronto tonight. The reason they tracking doesn't work on their website is because the package is not in country yet. This is kind of strange but not surprising from a less known shipping company.

Cheers

propropro
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 20, 2005, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by dvenne
I just tried but since I do not have any numbers that starts with 80, it doesn't work. Maybe this tracking device is only for Europe.
Oh.. yes, it's only for european countries, I don't know what I was thinking about...
Good luck with the shipping and with your new PM 2.0 Dual, I'm also waiting for a 2.3 Dual, it will be my first Mac and I'm really excited

ViviMaster
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 20, 2005, 11:58 PM

most tracking things wont show up for the first day. id wait a day then check tommorow. if nothing shows up contact the seller

Minch_Yoda
May 21, 2005, 11:59 AM

i ordered a cto dual 2.0 powermac on may 10 its shipped on the 13 by same day right o way but it took till the 18th for the tracking number to work at sameday.ca and im expecting it to ship to me by the 24th

dvenne  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 22, 2005, 08:36 PM

Well, to answer my own question in the subjet, my new PM is coming from Elk Grove, CA. I just received the invoice today. I am still expecting my big G5 on wednesday if not, heads will roll...

Eug Wanker
Posting Junkie
Location: Dangling something in the water… of the Arabian Sea
May 22, 2005, 08:50 PM

When did your unit ship? My iMac shipped on the 16th, and is now in Mississauga/Toronto. In fact it arrived on Friday too, but late in the day so I didn't know to pick it up that day. I expect delivery on Tuesday. I guess my iMac was keeping your Power Mac company.

It seems for ground shipping Apple likes to use Sameday.ca and ships stuff in big batches to Canada with them. Unfortunately, Sameday's tracking system only works in Canada, so it's usually a week later before it shows up in the system as you've discovered.

dvenne  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 23, 2005, 08:23 AM

My PM shipped on the 18 May late in the day. It is funny how long it takes Sameday compare to Purolator. My ACD was shipped last week with Purolator from California and it was in my hands three days later. Maybe the fact that today is Victoria Day might not help either.

Cheers

Eug Wanker
Posting Junkie
May 23, 2005, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by dvenne
My PM shipped on the 18 May late in the day. It is funny how long it takes Sameday compare to Purolator. My ACD was shipped last week with Purolator from California and it was in my hands three days later. Maybe the fact that today is Victoria Day might not help either.

Cheers
Sameday is ground shipping.

dvenne  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 23, 2005, 09:37 AM

That is my point. I guess I was lucky to have Purolator for half of my order.

Eug Wanker
Posting Junkie
May 23, 2005, 01:22 PM

Well, if you wanted the thing to ship quickly, Apple has an option for that. They ship FedEx air for an extra fee.

Forum Links
Forum Rules