Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > g5 powermac ram 2x1gb modules for $170...

g5 powermac ram 2x1gb modules for $170...
action
Mac Enthusiast
May 25, 2005, 02:41 PM

hi gang,

got this link for g5 ram and thought i would pass it along.

http://www.omnitechnologies.biz/cgi-...&cat=2&catstr=

the last couple of months i have received numerous offers from various vendors for ram and it's obvious that ram is coming down in price alot.

i have crucial ram and samsung ram in my dual 2ghz but i will be replacing them with these modules.

i have purchased ram from this company via ebay for my 933 quicksilver (512mb sticks) and never had a problem.

hope this helps.

chung lee

Gregory
Grizzled Veteran
May 25, 2005, 04:21 PM

The only place I've seen with CL 2.5 that works in G5 (2.7DP even) is www.macgurus.com $118 per GB chip. Crucial has a 2GB 'kit' for $239 but CL3.

discotronic
Mac Elite
May 25, 2005, 04:33 PM

I purchased a 512MB PC133 module from them for a G3 iBook 900MHz a couple years ago. They had the best price around. I never had a problem with the RAM and the service was great.

Shootingstars
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 26, 2005, 10:23 AM

I just order the 2X1GB for my new Power Mac dual 2GHz, the cost $164.40 not including shipping from Omni Tech. Crucial is out of stock. Thanks for the tip.

otheronenorehto
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 27, 2005, 11:51 AM

Does anyone know the difference between the Hyperformance and regular memory? I could not find more info on thier web site?

ok here is what the web site says the difference is but what does this mean?

MAC SPD EPROM
Pin CAP 4pf
Cas 2.5 in regular and 2.0 in Hyperformance

asergi
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 29, 2005, 05:21 PM

FYI:
If you click on the image of the G5 on the OmniTech link (see first entry above), you'll be taken to Apple's website that shows the specs for G5 Ram. Notice, that if you have an 8-ram slot machine, you're going to need 400MHz PC3200 Ram. The ram lilsted in the deal linked above is for 333/266 MHz ram!

action  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
May 31, 2005, 04:10 PM

hi gang,

just got my 1 gb sticks. installed 4 of them and they show up on the system profile as running at pc3200.

call omni technologies and they stated the specs on their website should read pc3200/400mhz not 333mhz.

on the receipt of the modules it states pc3200 at 400mhz.

their tech support was ecellent by the way. waited 15 seconds and the person on the phone was polite and helpful.

they advised they would inform their webmaster to change the graphic to reflect the proper mhz speed.

just one question can a pc3200 module run at 333mhz. on my system profiler it shows it's running at pc3200 but doesn't show the mhz speed.

chung

Forum Links
Forum Rules