Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Just checked out the 15"PB in a shop...

Just checked out the 15"PB in a shop...
B Gallagher
Grizzled Veteran
Jun 27, 2005, 08:01 PM

And gawd damn it's soooo smooth! I realise this post might be a bit over the top - but I was amazed at how nice it looks - open, that widescreen is fabulous, and closed, it's so thin! And moreso than that, it just looks and feels so nice, and is nowhere near as heavy as I was expecting! Hehehe. For a while I thought I might be playing with the 17" by mistake, till I asked a guy in the shop, and he said no, it was the 15".

The whole point of this thread is really just to tell people - go in and have a look at Mac stuff before you buy it. Pictures, even on Apple's website just don't do justice to this damn fine piece of hardware.

Man, I was just so impressed. Now I just have to wait 3 months until I get one! I can't wait!

MBP 15" C2D 2.2GHz 4.0GB 500GB@5400
iPhone 4 32GB Black

bicamen
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 27, 2005, 10:48 PM

Did ya remember to tell the Steve where to send the check?

Randman
Posting Junkie
Jun 27, 2005, 11:18 PM

You should see an actual 17 if you thought the 15 was nice.

This is a computer-generated message and needs no signature.

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 28, 2005, 07:10 AM

wait until you sit with the 15" on your lap. i find that monitors looks smaller in the apple stores, since they are surrounded by bigger ones.

take my 15" powerbook (typing on now) and my 17" imac. both are beautiful, this i knew when i first saw them, but they both looked a lot smaller. when i got them home they seem so much larger.

nice work on the powerbook, it is amazing.

KenDallas
Jun 28, 2005, 06:39 PM

If you do not one of these then wait till you own these, you will fall more in love with the overall apple "experience." I have switched over to the MAC from the PC world a little over 2 months ago and have not looked back even once. All the software I used with my PC is available for the MAC and runs even better. I have been using the PowerBook for 8-10 hours every single day and have put it through its paces-- it has yet to hiccup even once... I am totally in love with this thing, so much so that I am considering purchasing a 12" PowerBook for more portability.

Originally Posted by B Gallagher
And gawd damn it's soooo smooth! I realise this post might be a bit over the top - but I was amazed at how nice it looks - open, that widescreen is fabulous, and closed, it's so thin! And moreso than that, it just looks and feels so nice, and is nowhere near as heavy as I was expecting! Hehehe. For a while I thought I might be playing with the 17" by mistake, till I asked a guy in the shop, and he said no, it was the 15".

The whole point of this thread is really just to tell people - go in and have a look at Mac stuff before you buy it. Pictures, even on Apple's website just don't do justice to this damn fine piece of hardware.

Man, I was just so impressed. Now I just have to wait 3 months until I get one! I can't wait!

asodamiac
Senior User
Jun 28, 2005, 10:49 PM

when i first got my powerbook.. i thought it was a little heavy

im happy with it now though. i also came from the PC world and i dont regret it. still not a mac zealot though.. i doubt i'll ever become one.
15" Powerbook G4 | 1.67, 1.5gb, 128VRAM, SD
20" iMac | 2.66, 2gb, HD 2600
Dell 2408WFP

havocidal
Jun 29, 2005, 02:51 PM

i thot 2.5kg's pretty light... i tink carry more than tt wif my files n stuff to sch

mdc
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 29, 2005, 03:34 PM

@KenDallas

it's Mac, not MAC.

KenDallas
Jun 30, 2005, 01:53 AM

Opps, my apologies. I will chalk it up to being a newbie.

Originally Posted by mdc
@KenDallas

it's Mac, not MAC.

havocidal
Jun 30, 2005, 09:32 AM

wait till u see the 17 inch then... itz even a thinner you wouldnt believe it

JKT
Professional Poster
Jun 30, 2005, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by KenDallas
Opps, my apologies. I will chalk it up to being a newbie.
Just as a FYI, It's not a huge issue - the problem is that MAC actually stands for something else in techno speak (the MAC address of your computer is related to its ethernet networking identity and is something that you will find on a PC too). This is why some people get irritated about people using MACS to identify Macs.

zubro
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 30, 2005, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by JKT
Just as a FYI, It's not a huge issue - the problem is that MAC actually stands for something else in techno speak (the MAC address of your computer is related to its ethernet networking identity and is something that you will find on a PC too). This is why some people get irritated about people using MACS to identify Macs.
Like PC stands for Personal computer!
Mac is an OS so it goes with Windows.
Apple with Dell...

d.fine
Mac Elite
Jul 1, 2005, 08:46 AM

I've had my 15" for about 1.5 years now and I still can't stop looking at it. It looks so d*mn nice !!

When you get yours you'll be all over it...

stuffing feathers up your b*tt doesn't make you a chicken.

Forum Links
Forum Rules