Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Deciding between two Bags !!! which one would you pick?

Deciding between two Bags !!! which one would you pick?
KenDallas
Jul 1, 2005, 09:50 AM

I tried to post a similar message yesterday but for some reason the server had a brain freeze and it ended up posting a blank message. So here goes again... hopefully it will work this time around.

I am trying to decide between the following two bags for my PowerBook 15". I have been using Tumi products for a long time and love their products, but have heard wonderful things about Tom Bihn as well and therefore considering it as well.

If you have had personal experience with either one of these I would love for you to share your opinion.

Tumi
http://www.tumi.com/search/horatio_e...?modelid=12947

Tom Bihn
http://www.tombihn.com/page/001/PROD/300/TR745B

Skyhoper
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jul 1, 2005, 10:04 AM

No personal experience here but the Tumi bag looks more professional while the Tom Bihn bag looks more hipster.
1.5ghz Powerbook (the new one), 1gig ram

senseigmg
Forum Regular
Jul 1, 2005, 10:54 AM

Get a Tumi, they are the ish. I don't have one, but will be getting one in the fall. As Skyhoper said, more professional. Depends on your personal style/wardrobe though.
Blackbook 2.4ghz/250gb/2gb

iREZ
Professional Poster
Jul 1, 2005, 01:49 PM

i still say timbuk2 is the best...but that tom bihn would be my choice between these two.
NOW YOU SEE ME! 2.4 MBP and 2.0 MBP (running ubuntu)

KenDallas  (op)
Jul 1, 2005, 06:29 PM

Thanks for the responses. I am leaning more toward the Tumi because of its professional appearances. Also looked at Hartmann, those things are way too expensive... Tumi seems reasonable.

SMacSteve
Mac Enthusiast
Jul 3, 2005, 01:29 AM

I'm a Brenthaven fan true and thru! I'd look at the new lineup that just came out!

Forum Links
Forum Rules