Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > TV on iMac Help

TV on iMac Help (Page 2)
gametime10
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 15, 2005, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by f1000
I confess that I've only used the playback component to watch prerecorded material.
So you do need to buy the activation code for it to work? Do you have a link or an email address for that? Thanks,

the_glassman
Mac Elite
Jun 19, 2005, 01:01 PM

UltraMagnus
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 27, 2005, 04:16 AM

At least one of the posters here has used the EyeTV USB Wonder 2.0... would it be so bad to just post the key so the software will work for those of us who got the PC hardware?

funkboy
Professional Poster
Jun 27, 2005, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by UltraMagnus
At least one of the posters here has used the EyeTV USB Wonder 2.0... would it be so bad to just post the key so the software will work for those of us who got the PC hardware?
That would be piracy, so yes, it would. That would not only illegal, but it would hurt the only company that's creating this software for Mac. Sure, I'd like it lower cost, too, but then we'd need more customers on the Mac. By purchasing the software it helps ensure future software for Mac.

UltraMagnus
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 30, 2005, 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by funkboy
That would be piracy, so yes, it would. That would not only illegal, but it would hurt the only company that's creating this software for Mac.

Oh, enough with the hand-wringing. If they were so hot to make money off of the software they'd make it possible to acquire it in the first place. I have ATI hardware that functions perfectly with Apple hardware, but there's no software to drive it and the company that wrote it isn't making it available. I've mailed them before and received no replies, so enough with the tired out Don't Copy That Floppy routine. There is no access to any mechanism to purchase the software, so those of you who went out and bought the Mac hardware would be able to yield up a key without any hurt feelings. I'd give YOU guys a PC key, if you weren't so afraid to use it.

I hope *somebody* on the thread will be more helpful. I'm sure there's a Mac user out there that wouldn't mind having his device work on his PC as well.

Betox
Dedicated MacNNer
Jul 25, 2005, 09:34 AM

Will it work fine with USB 1.1?

Because I have and old QuickSilver G4 and it dosn't have USB 2.0
--
QuickSilver 800 Mhz / iBook 500 Mhz / Original 5GB iPod / iPod Shuffle 512 / Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger >> And it IS snappy!

iDaver
Grizzled Veteran
Jul 25, 2005, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Betox
Will it work fine with USB 1.1?

Because I have and old QuickSilver G4 and it dosn't have USB 2.0
There is an EyeTV USB (1) but you won't get the frame rates you do with the newer EyeTV Wonder USB 2.

Rychiar
Forum Regular
Jul 25, 2005, 10:44 AM

i have the usb 1.1 eye tv work fine for me. No noticeable problem with fram rates. its mpeg1 so its a little grainy but watching cable analog tv on a high res monitor is gonna be grainy no matter what anyway
iMac G5 1.8 ghz 20in. 1.5 gigs RAM, 250 gig Harddrive, Fully Wireless
60 Gig Original Overpriced iPod photo
Power Mac G4 450 768 Megs RAM
5 Gig Original iPod (RIP 12-20-04) :(

funkboy
Professional Poster
Jul 25, 2005, 11:42 AM

The EyeTV software is now available to purchase directly from El Gato for $79. It's guaranteed to work with a few hardware pieces, but it should also work with everything described in this thread.

the_glassman
Mac Elite
Sep 27, 2005, 08:40 PM

The Eyetv Wonder USB has been discontinued it would seem.

iDaver
Grizzled Veteran
Sep 27, 2005, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by the_glassman
The Eyetv Wonder USB has been discontinued it would seem.
Interesting. Seems it's still available refurbished at the Elgato site.

Forum Links
Forum Rules