Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Applications > Entourage Spam Subject Lines... Please Help

Entourage Spam Subject Lines... Please Help
KenDallas
Aug 19, 2005, 11:23 AM

Greetings everyone,

I am have a heck of a time trying to figure out how to stop Entourage from modifying the subject lines of my incoming emails with "Spam-low", "Spam-High", etc. I use Spamsieve with Entourage and have had wonderful results with it and therefore have no use for Spam filter features provided by Entourage.

Is there a way to keep Entourage from modifying the subject lines? I would love to find a way to do this.

Thanks for your help.

Ken.

Macola
Mac Elite
Aug 19, 2005, 02:23 PM

I'm almost 100% sure that Entourage is not modifying your headers (unless you have a custom rule set up to make it do that). It's most likely done through SpamSieve. Besides, you could just turn off spam filtering in Entourage if you're not using it.
( Last edited by Macola; Aug 19, 2005 at 02:24 PM. Reason: added info)
I do not like those green links and spam.
I do not like them, Sam I am.

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Aug 19, 2005, 04:23 PM

Yup. Entourage doesn't change the messages in any way. It's either SpamSieve or your email provider.

tooki

KenDallas  (op)
Aug 20, 2005, 10:14 AM

Thanks guys for the response...

Entourage has been doing this since before I installed SpamSieve, so I dont think that SpamSieve is doing anything. I also went into Tools:Junk E-Mail Protection to verify that I have it turned off and sure enough, it is in fact turned off... so now I am truly puzzled.

I suppose I can check with the ISP/email provider to see if they're doing something on their end and possibly try to turn it off.

KenDallas  (op)
Aug 21, 2005, 05:55 PM

problem solved,

it was in fact the ISP messing things up for me. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Forum Links
Forum Rules