Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > A little truth to the madness

A little truth to the madness
boardsurfer
Sep 3, 2005, 01:29 AM

I have not read all the NO threads completely, but I found a livejournal that is written by a guy holed up in a NOC in downtown NO. Its pretty interesting to read just facts without political commentary, mostly anyway. SO if you want the inside scoop: click here.

Live web cam also. I watched the convoy roll in this morning and a building burn to the ground. He turns the cam out the window when it's light out.

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 3, 2005, 01:58 AM

Thanks for that man, it's some interesting reading. Starting back at the begining, I think he might be regreting this comment:

Like then P Diddy sang, "We ain't goin' no where."

Come on with it then, storm. Bring me what ya got. Let's see who wins.
Nemo me impune lacesset

boardsurfer  (op)
Sep 3, 2005, 02:03 AM

hehe. or this one from day one:
When you look at the damage New Orleans sustained vs what we were told to expect, you're left with the impression that they will never be able to talk anyone into evacuating again....
little did he know...

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 3, 2005, 05:03 PM

Cool, their generator got refueled, so they'll still be online. I sat at work last night and read the whole thing start to finish. I still think they should have bugged out when the evacuation order was given, but I’m glad they didn't and they have been so persistent in staying up and running.

I'm not sure how much real value there is to his reporting, but it's fascinating to read live updates from someone on the ground watching this disaster from start to finish. It's interesting to have the events chronicled in real time, in a way that would never have been possibly even ten years ago.
Nemo me impune lacesset

ThinkInsane
Moderator Emeritus
Sep 3, 2005, 05:11 PM

Oh, and if anyone is trying to (or wants to) get their live cam, this is the only feed I could get to work. The others might have gotten slammed and gone down.
Nemo me impune lacesset

Doofy
Clinically Insane
Sep 3, 2005, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by ThinkInsane
Oh, and if anyone is trying to (or wants to) get their live cam, this is the only feed I could get to work.
Thanks Ti.
Been inclined to wander... off the beaten track.
That's where there's thunder... and the wind shouts back.

Forum Links
Forum Rules