Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > My hard-drive has suddenly got way louder than when i installed it-slotload iMac DV+

My hard-drive has suddenly got way louder than when i installed it-slotload iMac DV+
limitlesslaughter
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 10, 2002, 09:43 PM

Back in november, i bought a replacement hard drive for my iMac.. It was all nice and quiet til a couple of weeks ago. Now its just roaring. My old hard drive was like this before too, but it seems a lot louder

Is this a common problem with iMacs? It never seems like it happens in the PCs that i use. What bad things could come next from these symptoms?

Thanks in advance for any answers!
A little bit of knowledge will destroy you.

Catalyst236
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 15, 2002, 06:06 PM

I am having a similar experience.

Ideas anybody??
"I need a space with blue skies, that I can see the sun every day, alright....that I have nice weather....that I can just have nice water, you know....to dive, to swimming. It means a tropical country, not an island....a cold one. It's easy, any part of the world, but hot. Name it and I go."- The Lion

pml589
Forum Regular
Mar 16, 2002, 08:43 PM

eh no, sorry, i do not have any answers, but I thought I'd reply simply to keep this thread going.
-=P-Lo=-

AMDG
http://www.cnnpromos.com/supercrew/feature.htm

Catalyst236
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Mar 18, 2002, 09:19 PM

Why that's a rather selfish thing to do........Ooops!
"I need a space with blue skies, that I can see the sun every day, alright....that I have nice weather....that I can just have nice water, you know....to dive, to swimming. It means a tropical country, not an island....a cold one. It's easy, any part of the world, but hot. Name it and I go."- The Lion

Forum Links
Forum Rules