Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > ipod Nano Accessories, cases, protectors, What is the best?

ipod Nano Accessories, cases, protectors, What is the best?
xxnonamexx
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 11, 2005, 02:14 PM

What is out or coming soon as the best Nano accessories? I have seen numerous screen, case protectors, and also haven't seen and car mounts yet. I have seen a bendable mount that twists and turns hooked up into the power outlet in the car, or the airplay for wireless. What does anyone recommend? I like it to be wireless over the tape deck option. I have seen clear protector cases, or screen film protection. ANy ideas? Thanks

wilsonng
Senior User
Oct 11, 2005, 06:22 PM

I'm waiting for the Speck ToughSkin for the nano. It'll detract from the slim elegance of the nano but I want to make sure I get better shock protection over a naked nano.

Maybe the ultimate case would be an OtterBox for the nano to completely seal it from dust and rain.

I've already got my Newer Technology RoadTrip! FM transmitter + charger for my car. It doesn't use the remote connection like some of the other FM transmitters. It connects via the dock connector on the nano, charges it as well as sends out a strong FM signal. Just tune in to 87.9 FM and it works! It gets audio via direct lineout of the dock connector. Works beautifully!

wilsonng
Senior User
Oct 11, 2005, 06:42 PM

I'm waiting for the Speck ToughSkin for the nano. It'll detract from the slim elegance of the nano but I want to make sure I get better shock protection over a naked nano.

Maybe the ultimate case would be an OtterBox for the nano to completely seal it from dust and rain.

I've already got my Newer Technology RoadTrip! FM transmitter + charger for my car. It doesn't use the remote connection like some of the other FM transmitters. It connects via the dock connector on the nano, charges it as well as sends out a strong FM signal. Just tune in to 87.9 FM and it works! It gets audio via direct lineout of the dock connector. Works beautifully!

tracemhunter
Forum Regular
Oct 11, 2005, 08:52 PM

after waiting so long i went ahead and bought the arm band that is available in all those colors. suprisingly it doesnt slide around like it looks. i had it upside down on my arm while i was doing cardio at the gym. after an hour of cardio, it didnt even move. it still doesnt have the security of staying put but it still does. i do not know how long that will last but whatever. itll do until vaja comes out with the nano cases.

cla214
Dedicated MacNNer
Oct 12, 2005, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by tracemhunter
after waiting so long i went ahead and bought the arm band that is available in all those colors. suprisingly it doesnt slide around like it looks. i had it upside down on my arm while i was doing cardio at the gym. after an hour of cardio, it didnt even move. it still doesnt have the security of staying put but it still does. i do not know how long that will last but whatever. itll do until vaja comes out with the nano cases.
I got sick of waiting for the tubes to show up, and ordered the the invisibleshield for my nano. Application is a bit of a pain, but the end result is great.

http://www.theinvisibleshield.com/

jiro8281
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 13, 2005, 03:42 AM

Actually, i found another Brand name of Screen Protecter, EXIM which can be suggested to use because i found it's useful for Nano. Because we should know that the Nono Looks Great and cool but the surface of it is so easy to be scraped, it's really bad!!! last time i went on the web and found a link unconsciously, it's provide the Silcone case of Nano and i orderd one of them, it works !!!!
that's why i think it can be suggested to use to you all, the link is here:

www.pda-now.com

jiro8281
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 13, 2005, 03:44 AM

sorry, the Direct link is here:

http://www.pda-now.com/p900936.php

Railroader
Banned
Oct 13, 2005, 03:46 AM

http://www.iwoodnano.com/miniot/index.htm

Wooden case for the Nano. Check out the inscription.

mrgaskell
Senior User
Oct 13, 2005, 05:14 PM

Check out this really nice, expensive case: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lifeofg.../sets/1133198/
BlackBook 2Ghz C2D, 2GB, 120GB HD | Black 80GB iPod 5.5 | 8GB Red iPod Nano |
Check out my personal and classroom sites!

Forum Links
Forum Rules