Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > New Powerbook Issues !

New Powerbook Issues !
Xidius
Oct 26, 2005, 03:37 PM

Just got my new 17" Powerbook. Now, we've all heard the great points - Brighter screen, faster hard drive, great resolution, etc etc.

Issue #1:

Poor vertical viewing angles. If you tip the display back and forth, the brightness shifts noticeably.

Here, I made a gif of the brightness shift while being tilted for visual aid. White is the brightest part of the screen.

http://xidi.us/display.gif
[converted image to link: you can't use redirection URLs for inline images -- tooki]

Issue #2:

The very lower left and right corners of the display are dim in comparison to the rest of the display. Also seen in the above gif.

Issue #3:

The screen release button on the front of the powerbook is very very difficult to press in.

----------

That's all for now.

Everything else is great!

- Xidius
( Last edited by tooki; Oct 27, 2005 at 12:32 PM. )
You're just jealous coz' the voices wont talk to you!

Mack
Forum Regular
Oct 26, 2005, 06:35 PM

I would agree on all three points, pretty much. None is even close to a big deal, however.

havocidal
Oct 27, 2005, 11:55 AM

big deal if ure a designer... but then again the viewing angle thing has been in issue even in the earlier models

euphras
Mac Elite
Oct 27, 2005, 12:16 PM

linked pic does not work for me..

Macintosh Quadra 950, Centris 610, Powermac 6100, iBook dual USB, Powerbook 667 DVI, Powerbook 867 DVI, MacBook Pro early 2011

Forum Links
Forum Rules