Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > Battery on new PB won't charge

Battery on new PB won't charge
motoxpress
Nov 10, 2005, 01:26 AM

I just picked up a new 15" model and it will run off the ac adapter fine but it is not charging the battery on or off. Is this a battery issue or an adapter?

-mx

thephotodork
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 10, 2005, 01:55 AM

My new 15" had the same issue. Try another battery, hopefully that fixes it, in that case it was a faulty battery. However, if yours is experiencing the same problem as mine did, the new battery will not make a difference. It will need to be repaired/replaced by Apple.

Mine was 4 days old when I took it to the Apple Store, and since it was a Custom-Order I was not able to get a replacement at the store. So I had to call AppleCare and have a return order processed. Takes about a week. And you get a brand spanking new machine.

Hopefully Apple treats you as well as they treated me. They declared my machine DOA (Dead on Arrival) and after that point they really took care of me.

Good luck!
PowerBook G4 12-inch 1.0GHz ComboDrive; Mac OS X (10.4.5); 100GB 5400-RPM
(Dreaming of a 2.0GHz Orp KoobCam)

motoxpress  (op)
Nov 10, 2005, 03:01 AM

Well, that does not bode well then. Thanks for the info. I am calling the bookstore tomorrow.

-mx

Forum Links
Forum Rules