Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > How to burn flac or shn files???? PLEASE HELP

How to burn flac or shn files???? PLEASE HELP
Tbush
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 12, 2005, 08:14 AM

Hi all,

I recently came across and website with audio downloads for Ryan Adams and Dave Mattews Band but the files are in a format called .shn and .flac??? I know these files are the best for sound quality but how do i burn these files onto a CD? Do i need a special software or what? Sorry to sound like a dummy but i am only ok when working with mp3 this newer stuff to tricky and complicated for me. But i am ready to try and learn as theere are lots of files i want to download and burn that are all in .shn or .flac format.

ANY HELP WOULD BE BRILLIANT

THANKS
TOM

PS - Hope the email makes sense?

analogika
Posting Junkie
Dec 12, 2005, 09:28 AM

check www.versiontracker.com for a software called xACT.

It will convert .shn and .flac files into AIFF, which you can then burn with Toast or iTunes or DragonBurn or whatever.

Note when burning live concert stuff with iTunes that iTunes can't do Disk-at-once burning, meaning that the stupid piece of **** will insert a quarter-second pause between individual tracks, interrupting the live recording briefly.

kidtexas
Grizzled Veteran
Dec 15, 2005, 01:20 PM

Toast 7 does it as well.

Forum Links
Forum Rules