Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Art & Graphic Design > DVD Studio Pro 4 Help

DVD Studio Pro 4 Help
tripletaker
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 1, 2005, 02:41 PM

I created a DVD and made my buttons. The buttons are in a row but they're not all on the same level so when I'm using the arrow keyes on a remote control, they go from top to bottom. Is there any way to change this?

tripletaker  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 3, 2005, 11:42 PM

Maybe my question isn't clear. Here's a picture to make it easier. I want the buttons to go in order from 1 - 7 and pressing up goes to play. But right now it goes in order of height which makes it very confusing. Is there any way to change this?

Ian Oliver
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 3, 2005, 11:58 PM

I'm not an expert, but I believe that most of what you want to do is very easy. Click on (say) button 1, then select 'advanced' in the bottom right hand window. You can now select button destinations for 'up', 'down', etc.

But using 'up' to make the thing play... Don't think it can be done without a lot of cheating. Best to just use the usual centre or return thingy.

Hope that's some use. Cheers,

Ol.
Olly

tripletaker  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 4, 2005, 12:17 AM

Thanks. That is great help. This is my first time using DVD Studio Pro so this is all new to me.

edit: I got everything to work. And by play I meant the button labled play. ^_^ So it was quite easy. Thank you again.

tripletaker  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 6, 2005, 03:32 PM

I have another question regarding DVD Studio Pro. I have a project in iMovie and when I drag the .mov file from inside the iDVD folder, the audio never syncs up. Should I export the movie into a uncompressed mov or dv file? And will this effect the quality? (at least the sound works fine then)

tripletaker  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Dec 7, 2005, 11:02 PM

So this is what happened so far. I exported the iMovie files full quality as a DV file. I imported it into DVD Studio Pro and the quality is just horrible. But the audio matches. So I deleted the video part and kept the audio. Then imported the iMovie .mov file that it automatically generates (as a reference file).

So thankfully I am hoping this issue is solved. Now I have another issue. I have two iMovie files that are supposed to be connected but I disconnected them cause the two files were too big to work on. Does DVD Studio Pro have a way to do transitions between two video tracks? Help!!!

betasp
Forum Regular
Dec 23, 2005, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by tripletaker
So this is what happened so far. I exported the iMovie files full quality as a DV file. I imported it into DVD Studio Pro and the quality is just horrible. But the audio matches. So I deleted the video part and kept the audio. Then imported the iMovie .mov file that it automatically generates (as a reference file).

So thankfully I am hoping this issue is solved. Now I have another issue. I have two iMovie files that are supposed to be connected but I disconnected them cause the two files were too big to work on. Does DVD Studio Pro have a way to do transitions between two video tracks? Help!!!

Transitions, no. You can build them back to back in their own TS. Keep in mind, DVDSP realtime playback is not necesarily the same quality you will get when the final mpg2 is complete. I always create my own mpg2s and .ac3 files and build from there.

Forum Links
Forum Rules