Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > Trying to save file, won't work

Trying to save file, won't work
Heavy Fluid
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 5, 2006, 01:59 AM

I have been having some issues with trying to save .mid or .mp3 files (ringtones for my phone) off the net. If it is a site that opens a new window to play the file, how do I save it? Control + click doesn't do squat. File -> Save As.. doesn't seem to work either. It will save the file, but it will show up as 0kb, or show up in QT as a different file that plays for like 2 seconds, then stops.

Any help is appreciated. BTW - I am loving this Bluetooth to Motorola RAZR thing.....sweet!!!
In a barrier free world, who needs Windows™ and Gates?

Heavy Fluid  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 5, 2006, 10:35 AM

Nevermind. I figured it out. All you have to do is control + click the actual file, and you can save it that way. Oops.

Heavy Fluid  (op)
Dedicated MacNNer
Jan 5, 2006, 10:35 AM

Nevermind. I figured it out. All you have to do is control + click the actual file, and you can save it that way. Oops.

Forum Links
Forum Rules