Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Prediction for March

Prediction for March
scottmorgan42
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 14, 2006, 09:45 PM

This is my first post on MacNN, so forgive me if this is stupid or should go elsewhere. But I was wondering what everyone else thought so here goes.

Jobs said 850 million songs sold on iTunes at a rate of 3 million/day... 50 days later at that rate = 1 billion tunes. That happens to be the end of the first week of March.

Jobs said pro apps would be Universal by March.

Given these two big news events, it seems likely in my mind that a big announcement of new products (i.e. the MacBook jr., Mac mini rev. B, boombox, ect.) should be coming around March 7th, since it is the first Tuesday in March.

I know I'll be watching that day, will you?

-Scott

SirCastor
Professional Poster
Jan 14, 2006, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by scottmorgan42
the MacBook jr.,
Macintosh Jr. The Power to Crush the other kids.
2008 iMac 3.06 Ghz, 2GB Memory, GeForce 8800, 500GB HD, SuperDrive
8gb iPhone on Tmobile

Pendergast
Mac Elite
Jan 14, 2006, 10:14 PM

April 1st is 30 years of Macintosh...
"Criticism is a misconception: we must read not to understand others but to understand ourselves.”

Emile M. Cioran

Apple Pro Underwear
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 14, 2006, 10:33 PM

sooner or later there is going to be a new product.

IMO... i've said this in another thread. the nano is so small that if i duct taped it onto my mobile phone, it would elevate my phone into the nest mp3 player phone ever made and it would still not be too bulky.

iphone is coming... they are just one partnership away (2007?)

Gamoe
Mac Elite
Jan 14, 2006, 10:58 PM

This is my first post on MacNN, so forgive me if this is stupid or should go elsewhere. But I was wondering what everyone else thought so here goes.
First off, welcome to the MacNN forums, Scott! Your post is welcomed here in the Lounge.

Given these two big news events, it seems likely in my mind that a big announcement of new products (i.e. the MacBook jr., Mac mini rev. B, boombox, ect.) should be coming around March 7th, since it is the first Tuesday in March.

I know I'll be watching that day, will you?

Hmm. I go with MacBook. Although it's been more than twenty years, I still think the whole PCJr thing has made a good case against naming a product similarly. Even regardless of that, it just doesn't sound like a respectable name for a computer. It sounds like a name you'd give a child's toy, not a powerful computer ("powerful" is a relative term, of course, but I consider the iBooks have plenty of power for today's uses).

As for your prediction-- It seems quite bold! I'm not sure I can single out any particular date besides MacWorld where we'd have new products. Apple has been known to hold "special events" now and again to introduce new products, but who knows when one of those will come?

rickey939
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 14, 2006, 11:17 PM

Oklahoma State upsets Duke in OT to win the Nat'l Championship....oh wait...

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 14, 2006, 11:44 PM

Nostradumass predicts that the Mac Mini Intel will be teh released in March.

scottmorgan42  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jan 15, 2006, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by Pendergast

and it's steve jobs' birthday. that would only make sense.

----

about the MacBook jr. name, who knows what it will be called, probably just MacBook, but that's sort of lame. Maybe MacBook lite or MacBook advanced amateur. how 'bout MacBook squire. maybe MacBook white. If it's iMacBook I'm personally going to punch Jobs.

What are they going to call the PowerMac? the MacMac? God help us if it's the Mac Pro. BigMac would be better but might get confused with the VaTech system. MacKickDell'sAss? MacScreamer. iScreamMac...

One other prediction come March... the iMac and whatever the iBook is called next, will both be offered in black. And they will be the coolest computers ever. Mark my words.

-scott

Gamoe
Mac Elite
Jan 15, 2006, 01:50 AM

about the MacBook jr. name, who knows what it will be called, probably just MacBook, but that's sort of lame. Maybe MacBook lite or MacBook advanced amateur. how 'bout MacBook squire. maybe MacBook white. If it's iMacBook I'm personally going to punch Jobs.
In my opinion, MacBook lite or MacBook advanced amateur (?!) would be even lamer. I don't think it will be named iMacBook, though I don't find that name so horrible.

What are they going to call the PowerMac? the MacMac? God help us if it's the Mac Pro. BigMac would be better but might get confused with the VaTech system. MacKickDell'sAss? MacScreamer. iScreamMac...
Quite a number of people have suggested that the PowerMacs might be called MacMacs. This is ludicrous. Apple is not merely replacing the "Power" in every model name to "Mac". Apple is renaming the models to include the "Mac" name where not previously present and drop the "Power". I'd bet on MacTower or MacPro or the like. However, it could be something totally different, as long as it maintains the "Mac" and drops the "Power".

One other prediction come March... the iMac and whatever the iBook is called next, will both be offered in black. And they will be the coolest computers ever. Mark my words.
I would like a black iBook/MacBook. But, I'm not too sure about the likelihood of that.

Cubeoid
Baninated
Jan 15, 2006, 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by rickey939
Oklahoma State upsets Duke in OT to win the Nat'l Championship....oh wait...
rickey939, your humor is like shrink wrapped peperoni.

rickey939
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 15, 2006, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Cubeoid
rickey939, your humor is like shrink wrapped peperoni.
Hahaha, you forgot how to "p"...

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 15, 2006, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Pendergast
I'm looking for some great things to be released from Apple. Very excited.

Welcome to MacNN, Pendergast.

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." Winston Churchill

Goldfinger
Professional Poster
Jan 15, 2006, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by wdlove
He's been here for quite some time now...

iMac 20" C2D 2.16 | Acer Aspire One | Flickr

Pendergast
Mac Elite
Jan 15, 2006, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by wdlove
I'm looking for some great things to be released from Apple. Very excited.

Merci wdlove. You're the first to tell me that...

"Criticism is a misconception: we must read not to understand others but to understand ourselves.”

Emile M. Cioran

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Jan 15, 2006, 04:32 PM

Mac Mini with media features
MacBook (you know everyone's still going to call it the iBook for the first year)
Universal pro apps

I wish Apple would make a PDA

Forum Links
Forum Rules