Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Steve and Phil's iChat conversations.

Steve and Phil's iChat conversations.
Cubeoid
Baninated
Jan 15, 2006, 03:15 AM

Does anyone think they have enough for a clip-show. That would be awesome. Another thing, do you like when they do them? I think it's very very lame everytime Phil's like..."Hi Steve!" like he's surprised and then always light hearted moments ensue. It makes me a little sick. How long do you think they'll continue this thing.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jan 15, 2006, 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by Cubeoid
Does anyone think they have enough for a clip-show. That would be awesome. Another thing, do you like when they do them? I think it's very very lame everytime Phil's like..."Hi Steve!" like he's surprised and then always light hearted moments ensue. It makes me a little sick. How long do you think they'll continue this thing.

What's a clip show?

Yes, the Steve/Phil things are highly scripted and nauseating. Phil's schtick seems more scripted than Steve's.

YOu'll notice I'm calling him "Phil". We're on a first name basis.

Cubeoid  (op)
Baninated
Jan 15, 2006, 03:19 AM

this just occured to me..if Steve dies, Phil will be the NEW Steve!! Noooooooooooooooo!!!!!

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jan 15, 2006, 03:23 AM

Originally Posted by Cubeoid
this just occured to me..if Steve dies, Phil will be the NEW Steve!! Noooooooooooooooo!!!!!

Not necessarily, but if you are so concerned, I think you should write to Steve and volunteer yourself to be the new Steve.

Cubeoid as Steve:

"Hello everybody, it is my pleasure to announce... the iBall! We're really happy about this one, it's pretty great. It is a giant ball that you can bounce up and down, all day. I'd like to demo our iBall. Check out how great this ball bounces? And.. BOOM, now I'm throwing it at somebody else."

Cubeoid  (op)
Baninated
Jan 15, 2006, 03:25 AM

i bet Phil will try to confuse everyone by coming out one day wearing a paper "Steve mask" he will fail miserably.

Salty
Professional Poster
Jan 15, 2006, 03:28 AM

I imagine they'd have Ive start giving the keynotes or something like that... really though Steve should be grooming someone to take over for him if anything did happen... someone with better stage presence than Phil... I mean, I kind of like Phil... but... really he's got a face for radio...

Cubeoid  (op)
Baninated
Jan 15, 2006, 03:31 AM

Salty.. are you attracted to Roz Ho? Me and besson3c were just wondering if you are, because, well you know, we are attracted to Luigi, so it's perfectly OK if you ARE attracted to Roz Ho, just come out of the closet Salty.

JoshuaZ
Professional Poster
Jan 15, 2006, 04:45 AM

I think it may be tough to find someone as charismatic as Steve is about computer products. Few people can pull off what Steve does on stage, especially when you think that Steve is just talking about electronics stuff. Somehow he manages to hype up just about everything.

I can see Steve eventually stepping down as the face of apple, but I imagine he will still be backstage giving advice or helping to direct the flow of the company.

moonmonkey
Professional Poster
Jan 15, 2006, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by Salty
I imagine they'd have Ive start giving the keynotes or something like that... really though Steve should be grooming someone to take over for him if anything did happen... someone with better stage presence than Phil... I mean, I kind of like Phil... but... really he's got a face for radio...
Ive is English, they would never put him in charge.

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 15, 2006, 02:55 PM

Some just have a natural gift to be extemporaneous. We are fortunate to have Steve at the helm. Steve has a great team in place.

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." Winston Churchill

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 15, 2006, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by moonmonkey
Ive is English, they would never put him in charge.

In all honesty, there is no replacement for Steve. Do you think Steve became the quirky, canny, and rebellious CEO that we all know and love by training under someone? Steve would never be able to train a protege to be like him. This is why cloning is the only answer to Apple's long term viability.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Jan 15, 2006, 03:51 PM

Steve trained under Nicolo Machiavelli.
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

G4ME
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 15, 2006, 04:03 PM

awesome

I GOT WASTED WITH PHIL SHERRY!!!

rickey939
Addicted to MacNN
Jan 15, 2006, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by besson3c
"Hello everybody, it is my pleasure to announce... the iBall! We're really happy about this one, it's pretty great. It is a giant ball that you can bounce up and down, all day. I'd like to demo our iBall. Check out how great this ball bounces? And.. BOOM, now I'm throwing it at somebody else."
Been there, done that...

http://www.apple.com/downloads/dashb...goredball.html

Forum Links
Forum Rules