Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > I need help with my Video iPod

I need help with my Video iPod
Super GAL
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 7, 2006, 07:56 PM

[FONT="Arial Black"][/FONT]Hello i really need help with my (Video iPod 60 GB)

1- How can I delete some of the photos that i've added ?

2- I couldn't download any videos it seems too easy but i couldn't i've tried many ways but they all turn ou wrong ?
plzzzzz i really need help

kadoyle
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 7, 2006, 08:00 PM

ive downloaded most of my videos for the 30 and 60 GB iPod through limewire and they have turned out just fine. what have you been using to download the videos from?

iTunes works just peachy also.
( Last edited by kadoyle; Feb 7, 2006 at 08:13 PM. )

Super GAL  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 7, 2006, 08:49 PM

I'm using iTunes it's great in downloading songs and photos but i couldn't download any videos from it and what's ( limewire ) i've never heard of it ..does it work with all kind of PC's and more important is it easy??

crooner
Senior User
Feb 7, 2006, 09:04 PM

Okay, Super GAL, can you tell me exactly what OS you're running on what kind of computer? Also lets find out what version of iTunes and QuickTime you have. Once we get that info in place we'll have a clearer picture of what to do to get those videos behaving.

To dislike Sinatra is a sign of highly questionable taste. To dislike the Beatles is a serious character flaw.

Super GAL  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 8, 2006, 08:40 AM

My OS: Windows xp

My Computer: (sony vaio labtop)

My iTunes and QuickTime versions: i'm not sure but the iTunes logo is green and the QuickTime's is blue (it's really imbarresing not to have a clue in tech stuff)

kadoyle
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 8, 2006, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Super GAL
My OS: Windows xp

My Computer: (sony vaio labtop)

My iTunes and QuickTime versions: i'm not sure but the iTunes logo is green and the QuickTime's is blue (it's really imbarresing not to have a clue in tech stuff)
(its a pet peeve of mine, but this is how you spell: embarrassing)

anyway, limewire is just a media downloading service. you can pay to use it or just download a free version off the internet. it allows you to download any type of media (music, tv shows, videos, etc.) it should work with all kinds of PC's. i have a Dell Laptop and it works just fine with that and my HP Pavillion desk top and anyone else that i know that uses it has no problem, except that you have to run your virus scan more often because you have to disable your firewall protector to download it.

i cant help with the iTunes problem...mine works just fine. maybe that other guy can help with that.

Super GAL  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 8, 2006, 04:59 PM

Ok thanx for corecting my spelling (are you a spelling bee or something )
Any way i just wanna know if it can download video files from my PC to my iPod ?

kadoyle
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 8, 2006, 06:02 PM

yes it can download video files to your iPod

demibob
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 8, 2006, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Super GAL
Ok thanx for corecting my spelling (are you a spelling bee or something )
Any way i just wanna know if it can download video files from my PC to my iPod ?
yes but it might not work if you dont have the newest version of itunes or quicktime. If you do you should then be able to download videos from itunes the same way you do music then load them onto your ipod very easly. If you want to get more complicated you could load any video in mp4 format onto your ipod. You could get these from ripping a dvd (using handbreak or windows equvilent) or like kadoyle said from limewire.

kadoyle
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 8, 2006, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by demibob
yes but it might not work if you dont have the newest version of itunes or quicktime. If you do you should then be able to download videos from itunes the same way you do music then load them onto your ipod very easly. If you want to get more complicated you could load any video in mp4 format onto your ipod. You could get these from ripping a dvd (using handbreak or windows equvilent) or like kadoyle said from limewire.
hey can you explain what i need to do to rip a dvd? i mean ripping it from one that i already own that i want on my iPod. cause i dont really wanna pay for a movie for my iPod unless there is no other way.

Super GAL  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 8, 2006, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by demibob
Do you mean i have to use itunes plus limewire ....or i can download videos by using iTunes only
ps: I do have the newest version of iTunes (how can it help)???

kadoyle
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 9, 2006, 04:49 PM

the software for the most recent version of iTunes should have come with your iPod. you just need to upload it. you can download video from iTunes OR limewire. you dont have to use both.

Forum Links
Forum Rules