Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Software - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Developer Center > Free Toolbar Icons for Developers

Free Toolbar Icons for Developers
hyperb0le
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 27, 2006, 06:51 PM

I've created several toolbar icons for developers. These can be used free of charge in any OS X applications. I know these may not be of interest to the majority of this community, but I hope that the few developers that are here can find a use for them.

And to avoid the inevitable comments about the colors and font icons, the icons provided with the default NSToolbarShowColorsItemIdentifier and NSToolbarShowFontsItemIdentifier toolbar items are a different size from 99% of the toolbar icons in other apps. Apple has corrected this in Pages and Keynote by including a separate icon for each (check it out yourself. Right Click -> Show Package Contents). Since it is of questionable legality to use images that Apple uses in its apps, I just remade them at the correct size.
( Last edited by hyperb0le; Feb 15, 2006 at 07:21 PM. )

Wevah
Senior User
Jan 27, 2006, 08:27 PM

That gear seems really wonky and uneven. I like the rest of them, though.
[Wevah setPostCount:[Wevah postCount] + 1];

techtrucker
Senior User
Jan 27, 2006, 08:56 PM

Thanks, I grabbed them and can make use of a few of them!

Franz
Forum Regular
Jan 29, 2006, 07:30 AM

Thanks. I am no developer but it's great to get more toolbar icon releases. I like to change the look of my apps like NNW and VoodooPad for example.

One thing though is that the link back/spotlight buttons are in a different shade of blue then the others, it looks a bit weird when they are placed together. Personally I like the color blue of those two icons, it looks nicer on the unified toolbars.

hyperb0le  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Jan 29, 2006, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Franz
One thing though is that the link back/spotlight buttons are in a different shade of blue then the others, it looks a bit weird when they are placed together. Personally I like the color blue of those two icons, it looks nicer on the unified toolbars.
This was intentional. The spotlight and linkback logos that are in use throughout the system are done in a different shade of blue than the Get Info, etc images.

PBG4 User
Senior User
Jan 31, 2006, 12:04 PM

Hey thanks for the icons, sir!

Hopefully I can make use of them, when I get some time to program again.
20" iMac G5! :D AND MacBook 1.83GHz!
Canon Digital Rebel Kit + 75 - 300mm lens. Yum Yum! :D
Check out my OS X Musical Scales program

techtrucker
Senior User
Feb 2, 2006, 08:46 PM

hyperb0le, check your PMs..

hyperb0le  (op)
Mac Enthusiast
Feb 14, 2006, 08:36 PM

So, after an interesting discussion on CocoaDev, I've pulled the pack. Read through the page and you'll see why. I'll probably rerelease it after those guys get what they want.

Note to self: Don't post free stuff on CocoaDev... :/

EDIT: Okay, I've reposted the pack with the more controversial icons removed (and some new icons added).
( Last edited by hyperb0le; Feb 15, 2006 at 07:24 PM. )

Forum Links
Forum Rules