Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > iPhone, iPad & iPod > Have you tried the third party software to transfer songs from ipod?

Have you tried the third party software to transfer songs from ipod?
cjq999
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 18, 2006, 01:17 AM

I have a Windows formatted ipod and I want to transfer the songs over to my Mac. I've read about the 3rd party software from versiontracker. My question is, have any of you done it? did it work ok? I'm wary of downloading programs to install on my computer.

Jens Peter
Senior User
Feb 18, 2006, 06:36 AM

I've used YamiPod (http://www.yamipod.com/main/modules/home/) and it worked good. It's freeware, but you should donate to the developer if you use it a lot....

When I used it, I'm pretty sure the iPod was windows-formatted and i needed to transfer the songs to her powerbook before mac-formatting it.

angelmb
Addicted to MacNN
Feb 18, 2006, 07:24 AM

Senuti http://wbyoung.ambitiouslemon.com/senuti/ worked flawless for me, this with a iPod mini and a iPod Video. I have never tried it with a windows formatted iPod.

cjq999  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 18, 2006, 03:56 PM

I downloaded yamipod to my Ipod and transferred my songs. It worked. thanks

Forum Links
Forum Rules