Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > World Baseball Classic: does anyone care?

World Baseball Classic: does anyone care?
Dork.
Professional Poster
Mar 3, 2006, 01:30 PM

The title says it all. I think it's a good idea. I don't think there's a problem taking players away from their Spring Training routines -- heck, I think that several of the marginal players may benefit from having the star players away from camp for a while, it will give them a chance to show off for the coaches. Fear of injury is overrated: players get injured during Spring Training all the time, after all.

With all that said, though, since Bud Selig is involved, it will probably be a failure. He has the reverse Midas touch: everything he touches turns to dung.

I liked the DR until Manny and Pedro backed out. With the pitch limits (scroll down to see them) in place, no pitcher will be able to dominate a game, and I think the final rounds will be slug-fests. What do you think? Do you care?

Maflynn
Professional Poster
Mar 3, 2006, 01:50 PM

Not in the least,

While this is a great time of year, baseball is heating up, I just don't see the need. I think its going to flop.

typoon
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 3, 2006, 01:53 PM

Seems interesting. Don't really care though. I'll just read about the games when I get to work on the net.
"Evil is Powerless If the Good are Unafraid." -Ronald Reagan

Apple and Intel, the dawning of a NEW era.

Stogieman
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 3, 2006, 11:34 PM

It will be the XFL of baseball.

Slick shoes?! Are you crazy?!

QuadG5Man
Mac Enthusiast
Mar 3, 2006, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by Stogieman
It will be the XFL of baseball.
With any luck! It's disruptive and a distraction. It's weird that players have just got to spring training, and now (poof) they leave? Coudn't they have timed it so it doesn't interfere with ANY of the MLB season (including spring training)???

iT4c0
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 4, 2006, 03:34 AM

I am hoping Chinese Taipei (Taiwan) or Japan will win!
I like the idea of world cup for baseball. Olympic is taking baseball off the list after 2008.
It would be a good sports even before MLB regular season starts. It would be nice if some team could support the game a little bit more tho. *cough yan--kee cough*

Agasthya
Professional Poster
Mar 4, 2006, 03:35 AM

I just hope no one from the Cards gets hurt. That would suck. Players from other teams are free to get hurt though.

Forum Links
Forum Rules