Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Harry Potter and the Goblet Of Fire Movie

Harry Potter and the Goblet Of Fire Movie (Page 2)
nredman
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 6, 2006, 08:30 PM

out tomorrow

"I'm for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniel's."

rparke1
Banned
Mar 6, 2006, 11:12 PM

wdlove
Addicted to MacNN
Mar 6, 2006, 11:38 PM

My wife has ordered the DVD from amazon.com.

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense." Winston Churchill

Miniryu
Mac Elite
Mar 7, 2006, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by olePigeon
I don't know if there's an award for it, Karen Lindsay-Stewart should've gotten an Oscar for Best Casting Director. Brilliant choice of actors for the parts. Alan Rickman is just absolutely perfect for Snape. Even after Richard Harris died, they got an excellent replacement (forgot his name, the dude from Layer Cake.)
The person who did the casting for the first two movies should get an award- the casting for the last two movies was terrible! Professor Trelawny was nothing like her description in the book, Lupin is nothing like he should have been, Sirius Black wasn't the best, but at least the actor fits the part, the new Dumbledore is too wiley and inaccessible: he doesn't have any of the nobility and dignity that Richard Harris did (this will become more apparent in the Order of the Pheonix, which will require a significant level of acting on his part). The only character in the newer movies that I feel was well casted was Mad-eye Moody. Cheers for that, at least.

"Sing it again, rookie beyach."
My website

rparke1
Banned
Mar 7, 2006, 12:25 PM

i just went to virgin and got my copy! :-)

IFLY2HIGH
Senior User
Mar 8, 2006, 01:01 AM

Got my copy today and watched it and really disapointed in the way they have everthing so freakin DARK! Even in my 90% dark room at night I might be able to see 1/4 of the movie good, everything else you about have to strain to figure out what's going on or just close your eyes and listen, or if you have one of them tv that can turn the brightness up do so.
- Eric

Forum Links
Forum Rules