Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > Marketplace > base model Mac Mini...suggestions?

base model Mac Mini...suggestions?
HazelGirl
Dedicated MacNNer
Mar 20, 2006, 12:29 AM

I have a Mac Mini that I bought back in December. Base model....1.33 Ghz PPC with 512 ram and 40Gigs. No airport or bt (I know, I know!!! I bought it at the time just to experiment with Macs). Works great but I'm in desperate need of money. May even need to sell my 4 year old Dell desktop.

I also have a Mighty Mouse, a Kinsington dual platform usb keyboard and a kvm switch that could be thrown in.

Any suggestions for a price for the base model Mac Mini? I don't know about selling on ebay.....doesn't ebay take a chunk out of whatever you make? Anyway, any tips, suggestions? I may even sell my Epson all-in-one for dirt cheap. Don't you just hate financial hardship?

Edit: I should add that i have never sold my stuff before. How do I go about it without getting jipped? Goodness knows the last thing I need right now is to get ripped off. WOuld you reccomend just trying to sell to someone on campus or selling on the internet? Craig's List vs Ebay?
Mac Mini G4 1.33 Ghz:40GBhf, 512MBRAM, 32MBVRAM
MBP 15.4' 2.33Ghz:160GBhd, 2GBRAM, 256MBVRAM
iMac 24' 2.4 Ghz, 300GBhd, 2GBRAM, 256MBVRAM
80GB iPod Classic (black)

jedi2187
Forum Regular
Mar 20, 2006, 01:55 AM

Craigslist.org It's free to post stuff for sale there (and here too). Saves you from having to pay eBay. Post around on campus also; maybe someone is looking for a Mac w/o having to travel to CompUSA or doesn't want to order online and wait a week for it to come.

IMHO, maybe $400 for your Mini rig. Any thoughts?

Forum Links
Forum Rules