Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Spot the Difference!

Spot the Difference!
DCapple
Forum Regular
Apr 1, 2006, 03:05 AM

When I saw the photo I thought what are the two apple computer photos for? At first I thought it like a game spot the difference but when I read the article I was surprised that one of them is a Cake!!!

Hmmmmm….its really tempting chocolate cake…especially when you see it’s a replica of an Apple computer….lol…

I read the article on how its made and its pretty simple…
And I really gonna try to make one…well a more tempting and delicious one!

Would you want one? Or do you want to make one?
My Bookmarks
- Danica

analogika
Posting Junkie
Apr 1, 2006, 03:14 AM

You know, your threads don't get any better if you keep referring to articles but DON'T POST THE LINK.

Of course, I assume you're expecting people to ask, so you can spam your own website again...

How about a simple link to the ORIGINAL ARTICLE? Not yours - the one you link to on your blog?

Nice cake, btw.

TheoCryst
Mac Elite
Apr 1, 2006, 04:23 AM

I don't know which is more fun to look at... the Apple computer, or the amazing cake...

...I'm betting the cake tastes marginally better.

And here is a link, for those interested. http://www.geekculture.com/joyoftech...pple1cake.html

Any ramblings are entirely my own, and do not represent those of my employers, coworkers, friends, or species

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Apr 1, 2006, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by analogika
You know, your threads don't get any better if you keep referring to articles but DON'T POST THE LINK.
Of course, I assume you're expecting people to ask, so you can spam your own website again...
How about a simple link to the ORIGINAL ARTICLE? Not yours - the one you link to on your blog?
Seconded.

-t

dcmacdaddy
Addicted to MacNN
Apr 1, 2006, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by DCapple

When I saw the photo I thought what are the two apple computer photos for? At first I thought it like a game spot the difference but when I read the article I was surprised that one of them is a Cake!!!

Hmmmmm….its really tempting chocolate cake…especially when you see it’s a replica of an Apple computer….lol…

I read the article on how its made and its pretty simple…
And I really gonna try to make one…well a more tempting and delicious one!

Would you want one? Or do you want to make one?
It's nice how he copied a picture off of the Joy of Tech website only to host it on his own. Jackass spammer!!!

However, the Apple I in the left-hand side of the picture is at my old place of work so I might swing by there today to check out the computer and bask in the glory of all things Applerific. I started out working for the chief curator of the Information technology collection but I could never talk him into letting me actually touch and caress the Apple I.
One should never stop striving for clarity of thought and precision of expression.
I would prefer my humanity sullied with the tarnish of science rather than the gloss of religion.

FireWire
Mac Elite
Apr 1, 2006, 04:42 PM

I couldn't have said it better
It's kinda funny. At this point it's hard to tell if I want to hit her or take pity
Seriously, it's really unfortunate, as many articles she mentions would be interesting, but without the original source, they're worthtless..

DCapple  (op)
Forum Regular
Apr 3, 2006, 01:07 AM

Nice cake, btw.
YOU Again! whats your problem I DID NOT PUT A LINK TO MY THREAD!!!!!!!
its my signature who has a link!!!!! and it says my personal choice for apple blogs!!!!! its pretty simple to understand that its a personal choice meaning i like it does'nt mean im advertising it!!!!!
My Bookmarks
- Danica

FireWire
Mac Elite
Apr 3, 2006, 01:41 AM

its my signature who has a link!!!!! and it says my personal choice for apple blogs!!!!! its pretty simple to understand that its a personal choice meaning i like it does'nt mean im advertising it!!!!!
Please! Do you think we're that dumb? It's insulting our intelligence. What don't your understand in analogika's post? In your message, you directly refer to an "article". Of course you don't provide a link, expecting people to ask so you can say it, or hope that we click on your signature because we all know you read it "there".

The only reason you're not posting a link is because we told you you were spamming. Now you're doing it again, just without the link in an obvious place. But you know very well that by a pavlovian conditionnal reflex, people will click on your sig, because all you information comes from one site.

Just for fun, let's pretend you're really not spamming. In that case, you're just being a tease. We have a nice word in french for that, an "Agace". "Yum! nice and tempting chocolate cake.. I found the recipe and I'm gonna do it" but then you don't tell us where?

More seriously, it's okay the first few times, while you have the benefits of the doubt, but you're doing it constantly. You routinely refuse to disclose the REAL source for the article. If you really wanted to be helpful, you'd include the URL of where we can read the real article, not just a small summary that is dwarfed by a pageful (hum, make it 3) of annoying ads and useless links. "Your personal choice for blogs" is NOT a reliable source, or even a source at all. I suggest you find your information elsewhere, if it's your only source.

volcano
Senior User
Apr 3, 2006, 02:17 AM

Erm, in case you haven't caught on - analogika is making a very bold, crystal clear statement by reposting the same, repetitive, uninteresting information over and over and over again...

Catching on yet?

Forum Links
Forum Rules