Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > Why Ann Coulter Crossed The Line - What An Ass

Why Ann Coulter Crossed The Line - What An Ass
Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 7, 2006, 09:15 PM

Y3a
Mac Elite
Jun 7, 2006, 09:41 PM

I guess you think the women were "in line" by using their husbands deaths for political gain? jeez.

I guess it all depends on how you were brainwashed. Those women just wanna be in the spotlight and display their lack of respect for their dead husbands - for money.
If that WAS a correct thing to do why haven't ALL THE WIDOWS COME FORTH???
Perhaps these 4 are the Asses??

I'm sorry you don't like Coulter's opinions.

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Jun 7, 2006, 09:43 PM

Ironically, Hillary has said worse.

But I'm inclined to agree with Ann Coulter's assessment of the situation. Those widows are no different than Cindy Sheehan or the Dixie Chicks. They're using the public spotlight to make a political statement - as if it makes them some kind of expert, by virtue of the fact that the spotlight happens to be shining on them momentarily - for a wholly unrelated reason. It's understandable if the public *seeks* your opinion on certain matters (ie. Ann Coulter), but the public does not seek the political expertise of widows or country musicians.

Of the thousands of people directly affected by the deaths of their loved ones on 9/11, only four chose to use their status for political gain. There's something wrong with that picture. Ann Coulter is right.
( Last edited by Spliffdaddy; Jun 7, 2006 at 10:11 PM. )

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Jun 7, 2006, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by Y3a
I guess you think the women were "in line" by using their husbands deaths for political gain? jeez.

I guess it all depends on how you were brainwashed. Those women just wanna be in the spotlight and display their lack of respect for their dead husbands - for money.
If that WAS a correct thing to do why haven't ALL THE WIDOWS COME FORTH???
Perhaps these 4 are the Asses??

I'm sorry you don't like Coulter's opinions.
That's right, everybody affected by the same tragedy must have the same political opinions. Those who disagree with you are just in it for the money.

Of course, Ann Coulter is just a media whore who really is just in it for the money, so this isn't particularly surprising coming from her.
( Last edited by Chuckit; Jun 7, 2006 at 10:02 PM. )
Chuck
___
"Instead of either 'multi-talented' or 'multitalented' use 'bisexual'."

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Jun 7, 2006, 10:10 PM

Exactly. What *is* surprising is the fact that the 4 widows are media whores who are in it for political gain.

FeLiZeCaT
Senior User
Jun 7, 2006, 10:22 PM

I think the 9/11 tragedy was a plot from unsatisfied wives looking for the insurance money.

Does anyone have a wilder speculation?

Come on! You can do it!
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this, going flat-out, than some people in their lifetime

- Burt

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Jun 7, 2006, 11:26 PM

Well... you know, free speech and all that. I've heard worse that somehow never made the Cody angry-faced quote list.

Now if she had put together a movie on 9/11 attrocities for example, framed it as some sort of documentary against the participant's will no matter how sensitive the footage and with blatent disregard for the families involved etc... then you have something more acceptable than verbally using free speech. The lines are blurred as usual. Hard to tell who crosses what line. It seems to depend upon who is more fun to hate. This won't bother Ann.
ebuddy

shunt
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 7, 2006, 11:38 PM

I guess she's out of the club, eh?

And to the thread title, "what an ass"--I know, it's not bad at all...she must work out.
Please keep in mind the ambiguously selective general understandings we've all agreed upon...

dialo
Senior User
Jun 8, 2006, 03:01 AM

From their response:
We did not choose to become widowed on September 11, 2001. The attack, which tore our families apart and destroyed our former lives, caused us to ask some serious questions regarding the systems that our country has in place to protect its citizens. Through our constant research, we came to learn how the protocols were supposed to have worked. Thus, we asked for an independent commission to investigate the loopholes which obviously existed and allowed us to be so utterly vulnerable to terrorists. Our only motivation ever was to make our Nation safer. Could we learn from this tragedy so that it would not be repeated?

We are forced to respond to Ms. Coulter’s accusations to set the record straight because we have been slandered.

Contrary to Ms. Coulter’s statements, there was no joy in watching men that we loved burn alive. There was no happiness in telling our children that their fathers were never coming home again. We adored these men and miss them every day.

yakkiebah
Mac Elite
Jun 8, 2006, 03:05 AM

Ann Coulter is only interested in selling more books. And this is just another way of gaining more publicity.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Jun 8, 2006, 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by ebuddy
Well... you know, free speech and all that. I've heard worse that somehow never made the Cody angry-faced quote list.

Now if she had put together a movie on 9/11 attrocities for example, framed it as some sort of documentary against the participant's will no matter how sensitive the footage and with blatent disregard for the families involved etc... then you have something more acceptable than verbally using free speech. The lines are blurred as usual. Hard to tell who crosses what line. It seems to depend upon who is more fun to hate. This won't bother Ann.
No matter how bad you think Michael Moore is, and whether his technique shows disrespect for his subjects, he doesn't come within 10 city blocks of the cartoonish bile that constantly spews from Coulter's manly face. We're talking showing an interview out of context versus openly attacking grieving widows and suggesting that people who disagree with you ought to be tortured and killed.

I don't think even Ann Coulter takes Ann Coulter seriously — mostly it's just iggerent hicks who like to get het up over politics who take what she says without several grains of salt.
( Last edited by Chuckit; Jun 8, 2006 at 04:13 AM. )
Chuck
___

yakkiebah
Mac Elite
Jun 8, 2006, 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Chuckit
... Coulter's manly face...
Yeah she definitely looks like a transsexual. No wonder hicks got the hots for him.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Jun 8, 2006, 07:32 AM

No matter how bad you think Michael Moore is, and whether his technique shows disrespect for his subjects, he doesn't come within 10 city blocks of the cartoonish bile that constantly spews from Coulter's manly face. We're talking showing an interview out of context versus openly attacking grieving widows and suggesting that people who disagree with you ought to be tortured and killed.

I don't think even Ann Coulter takes Ann Coulter seriously — mostly it's just iggerent hicks who like to get het up over politics who take what she says without several grains of salt.
Chuckit, you and I have talked for some time and I don't know you to be one who knee-jerks. Please provide info where she makes the claim that people who disagree with you ought to be tortured and killed.

Something to remember; these 4 widows have made a name for themselves since the event as activists. If you wanted to silently mourn the loss of your husband, you don't become a public activist. I'm sorry, but this is where you place yourself directly in harm's way publically. I don't appreciate the delivery of her information, but if you can show them in the same light Cindy Sheehan has been shown; smiling, laughing, being carried on others' backs, traveling, taking pictures, etc... you can easily say she's been enjoying herself. I don't see the uproar here, but I'll hold out for your link and quoted text of Coulter's statements.
ebuddy

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Jun 8, 2006, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by shunt
I guess she's out of the club, eh?

And to the thread title, "what an ass"--I know, it's not bad at all...she must work out.
ebuddy

Kevin
Baninated
Jun 8, 2006, 07:37 AM

Oh please chuck. Anne and Moore are from the same mold.

Or did you forget when Moore claimed he hoped the terrorists won?

THEY BOTH ARE ATTENTION WHORES.

And yes, I feel these women were being opportunists. Ann maybe shouldn't have said what she did, but it seems to me she hit the nail on the head.

The ironic part is, these same females were probably cheering when Clinton balanced the budget by cutting military and defense (read intelligence) spending.

ebuddy
Posting Junkie
Jun 8, 2006, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by Kevin
Oh please chuck. Anne and Moore are from the same mold.

Or did you forget when Moore claimed he hoped the terrorists won?

THEY BOTH ARE ATTENTION WHORES.

And yes, I feel these women were being opportunists. Ann maybe shouldn't have said what she did, but it seems to me she hit the nail on the head.

The ironic part is, these same females were probably cheering when Clinton balanced the budget by cutting military and defense (read intelligence) spending.
Don't even take Chuckit's disingenuous concern over a few widows as him having any credibility on the compassion front. Chuckit's just another ass who crosses the line with his opinions on a daily basis. He, as does most of the left leaks hypocrisy from every pore of his body.

Talking about Sgt Damon (the man who lost both arms in Iraq) attending a speech by Kennedy;

Originally Posted by Macintologist
Wow he attended one of Kennedy's anti-war rant/speeches?

What a dishonest son of a bitch. This case has no merit.
Pretty insensitive thing to say. Especially considering nothing was mentioned about Damon's membership in any liberal group. He's simply at the speech. Sheehan and many others who disagree with Bush make their presence known at Republican conventions and speeches and I'm sure that does not immediately equate them to supporters of the President. Chuckit's reply? Predictable;

Wow, good eye. Looks like he's tested positive for Money-Grubber.
So, basically we've got Macintologist and Chuckit referring to a man who has lost both arms in combat as a dishonest, money-grubbing, son of a bitch simply because he attended a Kennedy speech!

You're right Ann Coulter should be ashamed. It seems she's not done a good enough job exposing the hypocrisy of the left. I love what she said in reply to Hillary Clinton who expressed distaste for Ann's mistreatment of these women. She advised that Hillary have a sit down with her rapist husband who engaged sex acts with a woman while her husband was committing suicide. You may not appreciate her style, but man she's got a way of cutting right to the quick. I love it.

Go ahead and squirm you hypocrites! No one takes you seriously anyway.
ebuddy

Y3a
Mac Elite
Jun 8, 2006, 08:54 AM

Boy!!! The name calling from the disgusting leftists who side with the likes of Michael Moore and Sheehan and the 4 witches seems to speak volumns! No one cares IF YOU ARE OFFENDED by Coulters words. Get over it. Grow up! Fact is that Coulter WAS RIGHT! it's no worse than the typical thoughtless things said and done by liberal "Ass Canyons" who seem to get a pass by leftist media.

Wiskedjak
Posting Junkie
Jun 8, 2006, 09:41 AM

Are there any celebrities that Cody does like?

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Jun 8, 2006, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by yakkiebah
Yeah she definitely looks like a transsexual. No wonder hicks got the hots for him.
You lose.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Nicko
Professional Poster
Jun 8, 2006, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by Y3a
Boy!!! The name calling from the disgusting leftists who side with the likes of Michael Moore and Sheehan and the 4 witches seems to speak volumns! No one cares IF YOU ARE OFFENDED by Coulters words. Get over it. Grow up! Fact is that Coulter WAS RIGHT! it's no worse than the typical thoughtless things said and done by liberal "Ass Canyons" who seem to get a pass by leftist media.

Look, if you want to make love to Coutlers manly body, we won't stop you. But please, keep the conversation on topic.

snoopy199
Forum Regular
Jun 8, 2006, 10:12 AM

I think its ironic how she condemns the widows for using 911 to extend their politics make money and such when that is all she is doing.

Its an incredibly cold and heartless statement to say that they enjoying their husband's death. She seems to be bitter and cold heartless woman.

Monique
Mac Elite
Jun 8, 2006, 11:17 AM

It is funny the right has no problem calling liberal women by the worst names but how can you defend a woman with the body of a male, that insults widows. So what those 4 women became activists after the death of their husbands, they are doing something instead of staying home and crying all day and unable to live their lives, it shows they are strong women and I am sure their husbands would have applauded their courage and convictions. But for Ann Coulter and people like her it is laughable and in their mean spirited minds it is wrong to be an activist.

Y3a
Mac Elite
Jun 8, 2006, 12:00 PM

Well Monique, I guees you have the typical 21st century western female body?
(45lbs overweight, and unhealthy, with a sedintary lifestyle. )

Coulter isn't a fat pig like so many women are so I guess it's just jealousy?

The 4 witches wanted to be in the public eye so they are fair game. You need to watch some of their TV appearances before you say Coulter is wrong.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Jun 8, 2006, 12:02 PM

I think the point here has been missed. Ann is also trying to point out that the left have used these widows because people aren't allowed to disagree with them. If someone says, "Well, they're being political opportunists," the left starts screaming, "HOW DARE YOU QUESTION THEIR GRIEF!"

It's the same thing with Cindy Sheehan. Who could possibly think this woman is sane, much less credible? She has been pushed to the forefront by leftist media outlets because she comes with a built-in "HOW DARE YOU" shield.

Perhaps their grief is simply that: grief. But they have been used as pawns by those in opposition to George W. Bush (which is beginning to include conservatives, it seems).

BlueSky
Mac Elite
Jun 8, 2006, 12:21 PM

But for Ann Coulter and people like her it is laughable and in their mean spirited minds it is wrong to be an activist.
When people like the Lamp Post with No Name want to discredit the opposition, they often use this "Shut up, you're not an expert" bullshit. The same is used against celebrities who are taking advantage of their access to media to promote their issue. The horror.

You don't need to be an "expert", you don't need to ask anyone's permission to speak up in order to right a wrong, and the fact that you're not an "expert" does not automatically void your issue. By that reckoning, we'd still be saluting the Queen or whatever it is they do to queens.

Would they prefer we leave these matters to the politicians? Are they the real "experts"? The farting heads on FOX news? This is just a handy tool used by a bunch of goose-stepping tools trying to mass up the weight of authority behind them.

"Shut up, you're not an expert, let our illustrious leaders handle this! Get in line!"

ink
Mac Elite
Jun 8, 2006, 12:27 PM

She only gets attention because she pushes buttons. If people would just ignore her, she'd go away and we could try to focus on more important issues, like protecting marriage from the gays and building a wall to keep the farm workers out.

Cody Dawg  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 8, 2006, 12:58 PM

Ann Coulter is a media whore.

She made the comment about dead men to earn MONEY. Nothing is sacred to her as long as she lines her pockets or gets more attention.

I used to respect her. Now I think she's slag and frankly, someday she's going to push someone too far.

She really crossed the line with this one.

Cody Dawg  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 8, 2006, 01:02 PM

I think the point here has been missed. Ann is also trying to point out that the left have used these widows because people aren't allowed to disagree with them. If someone says, "Well, they're being political opportunists," the left starts screaming, "HOW DARE YOU QUESTION THEIR GRIEF!"
I'm not the left. I'm the far right. And I think she's filthy and disgusting to pick on men who piloted a plane into the ground in a field just to save thousands more lives.

Those men showed bravery beyond which most of us can comprehend.

Like I said, Ann Coulter is a pig.

BTW, she's under investigation here in Palm Beach county for a federal crime because she knowingly and willingly voted in the wrong precinct. That bitch thinks she's above the law - literally.

Kerrigan
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 8, 2006, 01:06 PM

With these weirdos like Coulter and Moore, it's never about political issues. It's about drawing attention to themselves by tearing down their opponents.

Cody Dawg  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 8, 2006, 01:08 PM

Kerrigan: You are EXACTLY right.

greenamp
Mac Elite
Jun 8, 2006, 01:21 PM

American's are such drama queens.

Cody Dawg  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 8, 2006, 01:28 PM

That's because we're all raised with a sense of entitlement and the understanding that in America anything is possible...every dream can be realized...free speech is celebrated...our country is one where a dream can be realized no matter what your circumstances at birth were.

Yes, we squabble and fight amongst ourselves, but when push comes to shove we'll always pull ourselves together and unite.

The United States is the greatest country in the world.

That doesn't mean that Ann Coulter (or someone else) isn't out of line when criticizing the dead, though.

spacefreak
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 8, 2006, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Cody Dawg
I'm not the left. I'm the far right. And I think she's filthy and disgusting to pick on men who piloted a plane into the ground in a field just to save thousands more lives.

Coulter will toast you (and me and most others here) in debate while sleeping. She also has the ability to get the maximum desired response out of her opponents. This one little sentence or two in her book is a prime example.

She stated that the left parades their grief-stricken recruits through their mass media outlets to promote their agenda while knowing full well that any attempts to them can be shut down by simply stating "you're heartless and cold" to those who would challenge their agenda. Thus, true debate never occurs, and we are simply supposed to accept the grief-sticken's opinions on all things simply because a lover one of theirs died.

PRESSTO! Not only does Coulter challenge these ladies, she goes over the top and triggers the exact response from the left that she was describing.

BTW, she's under investigation here in Palm Beach county for a federal crime because she knowingly and willingly voted in the wrong precinct. That bitch thinks she's above the law - literally.
She knowingly and willingly voted in the wrong precinct because that's where the worker at the precinct she thought she was registered in told her to go if she wanted to vote. She tried to vote at her local precinct, but apparently the address submitted by her on her registration form was that of her real estate office, which resulted in her being registered in a different precinct, AFAIK.

goMac
Posting Junkie
Jun 8, 2006, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Y3a
The only person using these women's husband's deaths for her political gain is Ann Coulter.
8 Core 2.8 ghz Mac Pro/GF8800/2 23" Cinema Displays, 3.06 ghz Macbook Pro
Once you wanted revolution, now you're the institution, how's it feel to be the man?

spacefreak
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 8, 2006, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Kerrigan
With these weirdos like Coulter and Moore, it's never about political issues. It's about drawing attention to themselves by tearing down their opponents.
There's a big diffeence between the two: Coulter will debate anyone, while Moore runs from debates. Coulter tears through leftist smoke screens to get to the actual issues. Moore can't hold a drop on his issues, so he (like many on the left) fog it up with everything he can to avoid getting into a true debate (where he'd undoubtedly lose).

Cody Dawg  (op)
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 8, 2006, 02:03 PM

No, Coulter KNOWINGLY voted in the wrong precinct.

A poll worker reported to his supervisors that he saw Coulter try to vote in the precinct closest to her Palm Beach home. But when she was told the address on her voter's registration was elsewhere, Coulter ran out instead of correcting it and ended up voting in a precinct that wasn't hers. Knowingly voting in the wrong precinct in Florida is a felony.
Link

And, I'm sorry, but I disagree that Ann Coulter would "toast" me, as you say. The only way she could "toast" me is by using erroneous logic but if she had to stay on topic and not throw out red herrings and fallacious arguments then she'd lose a lot of her supposed arguments.

Her "running out" of the voting precinct locale is typical of her - when she smells that she's about to lose an argument she becomes tangential and changes the subject which is the same as running away.

Powerbook
Mac Elite
Jun 8, 2006, 02:17 PM

The United States is the greatest country in the world.

1. Russia: 17,075,200 sq km (6,591,027 sq miles)
2. Canada: 9,984,670 sq km (3,854,082 sq miles)
3. United States: 9,631,418 sq km (3,717.727 sq miles)

Someone did not pay attention in school!
Aut Caesar aut nihil.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jun 8, 2006, 02:19 PM

What I'm puzzled by is how people can justify jumping to an assertion that these 4 women are purely motivated by politics when they are simply asking to bring the security protocols to the fore to be discussed and questioned. To me, this is not a political request - this is a reasonable question people from both the left and the right should be asking. It's not as if these protocols were hand-written by Bush.

How can we learn from this? What went wrong? How did we fail? What could be more reasonable a question to ask? It's not like they are asking "why did the Right fail", nor is it like Bush and company are infalliable - no administration is.

What is the big deal here?

My spidey since agrees with Cody on this one.

OAW
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 8, 2006, 02:49 PM

1. The widows in question have every right to become politically active since 911.

2. Ann Coulter has every right to disagree with the politics of said widows.

3. Ann Coulter is way the hell out of line to state that said widows are "enjoying their husband's deaths" because she disagrees with the politics of said widows. It is simply an illogical and nonsensical position to take. Where does she (and others of her ilk) get this notion that the people most affected by 911 have to "suffer silently"? And let's say for the sake of discussion that said widows are making lemonade when life hands them a lemon and "enjoying" their recent activism. How do you get from point A to point B in one's thinking to suggest that that means they are "enjoying their husband's deaths"?

Let me come at it from another angle to make this even clearer. One can say that John Walsh, the host of America's Most Wanted, is "enjoying" his new career as a victim's rights activist and as a media figure. Does that mean that he is "enjoying" the death of his son Adam?

4. Ann Coulter is a man! For those that think she is so "hot", do yourself a favor an check out the rather prominent Adam's Apple she has. She has tons of pictures on the web at different angles and in different lighting. It really is undeniable.

OAW

Spliffdaddy
Posting Junkie
Jun 8, 2006, 03:03 PM

What's wrong with being a man?

Are you ashamed of it?

Y3a
Mac Elite
Jun 8, 2006, 03:08 PM

Are you on drugs today, or this week?? The 4 witches dead husbands died at the towers, not on the plane. They used their husbands deaths to gain attention for their uneducated opinions. The liberal press, not the best at actually doing research themselves give them as much access as they want. They are pathetic. You seem to be supporting the 4 witches and their opinions and don't want someone like Coulter to have the same right to an opinion. Sheehan, another Ass Canyon, has blathered far worse toward the right, and she is even more clueless as to government workings in the real world, not one explained to her by the simpleminded press.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jun 8, 2006, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Y3a
Are you on drugs today, or this week?? The 4 witches dead husbands died at the towers, not on the plane. They used their husbands deaths to gain attention for their uneducated opinions. The liberal press, not the best at actually doing research themselves give them as much access as they want. They are pathetic. You seem to be supporting the 4 witches and their opinions and don't want someone like Coulter to have the same right to an opinion. Sheehan, another Ass Canyon, has blathered far worse toward the right, and she is even more clueless as to government workings in the real world, not one explained to her by the simpleminded press.
Based on the quotes from these women, what do you make of this?

What I'm puzzled by is how people can justify jumping to an assertion that these 4 women are purely motivated by politics when they are simply asking to bring the security protocols to the fore to be discussed and questioned. To me, this is not a political request - this is a reasonable question people from both the left and the right should be asking. It's not as if these protocols were hand-written by Bush.

How can we learn from this? What went wrong? How did we fail? What could be more reasonable a question to ask? It's not like they are asking "why did the Right fail", nor is it like Bush and company are infalliable - no administration is.

What is the big deal here?

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jun 8, 2006, 03:15 PM

I'm not the left. I'm the far right.

I don't think you are. Your opinions seem to be a mixed bag, and you have some compassion lacking in the stereotypical Neocon.

Y3a
Mac Elite
Jun 8, 2006, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by goMac
The only person using these women's husband's deaths for her political gain is Ann Coulter.
I guess you missed the numerous appearances on TV of the 4 witches as they blathered on as if they knew how the real government worked? it would be different IF the had some background in government, or Intel workings but THEY DIDN'T! They used their 'face time' to bash Bush, who already knew the nations Intel community had let everyone down. Thank Clinton et al. Hindsight is 20-20.

besson3c
Clinically Insane
Jun 8, 2006, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Y3a
I guess you missed the numerous appearances on TV of the 4 witches as they blathered on as if they knew how the real government worked? it would be different IF the had some background in government, or Intel workings but THEY DIDN'T! They used their 'face time' to bash Bush, who already knew the nations Intel community had let everyone down. Thank Clinton et al. Hindsight is 20-20.

Okay, enlighten me, and do what you should have done in the first place: substantiate your claims.

hey!_Zeus
Banned
Jun 8, 2006, 03:33 PM

Coulter is a nutter.

The far right doesn't even want nothing to do with her.

My opinion, it's all an act.

olePigeon
Clinically Insane
Jun 8, 2006, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Spliffdaddy
Ironically, Hillary has said worse. ... Those widows are no different than Cindy Sheehan or the Dixie Chicks.
I beg to differ, the Dixie Chicks are hot.
"…I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than
you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen F. Roberts

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Jun 8, 2006, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by olePigeon
I beg to differ, the Dixie Chicks are hot.
They rank from "ugh" to "meh", but hardly "hot".
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Eug Wanker
Posting Junkie
Location: Dangling something in the water… of the Arabian Sea
Jun 8, 2006, 04:54 PM

I like the short one.

Chuckit
Clinically Insane
Jun 8, 2006, 05:11 PM

Chuckit, you and I have talked for some time and I don't know you to be one who knee-jerks. Please provide info where she makes the claim that people who disagree with you ought to be tortured and killed.
Unfortunately, it's been a while since I read the article, so I don't have the exact quote I was thinking of anymore. Some other quotes that are similarly moronic (taken from Web sites that included sources, since I don't have an Ann Coulter collection):
VESTER: "You say you’d rather not talk to liberals at all?"
COULTER: "I think a baseball bat is the most effective way these days."
(DaySide with Linda Vester)
There is no plausible explanation for the Democrats' behavior other than that they long to see U.S. troops shot, humiliated, and driven from the field of battle.
(New Idea for Abortion Party: Aid the Enemy November 23, 2005)
We need to execute people like John Walker in order to physically intimidate liberals
(Conservative Political Action Conference)
I think the government should be spying on all Arabs, engaging in torture as a televised spectator sport, dropping daisy cutters wantonly throughout the Middle East and sending liberals to Guantanamo.
(Dec. 21, 2005 column)
Ann Coulter is basically the real-world prototype for forum trolls.

Something to remember; these 4 widows have made a name for themselves since the event as activists. If you wanted to silently mourn the loss of your husband, you don't become a public activist.
For these people, the issue they're advocating is a matter of personal importance. I don't know if they're as crazy as Sheehan, but it seems pretty cold to say that somebody shouldn't be allowed to advocate an idea without having their fidelity to their dead husbands questioned by a hateful transvestite.
Chuck
___

Forum Links
Forum Rules