Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Logitech V500..great mouse choice!

Logitech V500..great mouse choice!
Ratspittle
Mac Enthusiast
May 30, 2006, 09:35 AM

I just purchased this mouse for my MBP, and wanted to let all my forum-mates know that if you are looking for a good mobile mouse, look at the logitech V500. It comes with a nylon case, it has a touch type scrolly pad..both horiz and vert (no moving parts to get gummed up), and the transmitter stores away in a cool pop down base...hard to describe so here is a link.
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/pr...CONTENTID=9508
The large print giveth, and the small print taketh away

doctorb
Fresh-Faced Recruit
May 31, 2006, 01:05 AM

I've had a v500 and I didn't like the touch scroll pad. I found it really hard to get a good feel for it. Sometimes, I would scroll to the bottom of the screen really quickly, or other times, I couldn't get it to scroll at all.

I personally love the Microsoft Notebook Laser Mouse 6000. It has the features of the v500 except it also has a back button and a true vertical/horizontal scroll wheel. My only complaint is that the receiver stores awkwardly at the bottom of the mouse

SMacSteve
Mac Enthusiast
Jun 14, 2006, 08:45 PM

I'd recommend the V270 BT mouse. Great notebook mouse! And it doesn't eat up batteries like some others!

MovieCutter
Dedicated MacNNer
Jun 14, 2006, 08:53 PM

The Logitech V400 is hands down the best notebook mouse out there. Laser, wireless, great ergonomics, and nice features. Battery life is amazing as well. I'd recommend the gray one.

Cadaver
Addicted to MacNN
Jun 15, 2006, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by SMacSteve
I'd recommend the V270 BT mouse. Great notebook mouse! And it doesn't eat up batteries like some others!
I like that one, too. Its sized small enough to take with you, but large enough that I frequently use it at my desk at home as a regular (i.e., non mobile) mouse as well.

bembol
Jul 7, 2006, 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by MovieCutter
The Logitech V400 is hands down the best notebook mouse out there. Laser, wireless, great ergonomics, and nice features. Battery life is amazing as well. I'd recommend the gray one.

I had enough with the Wired/Mighty Mouse...didn't pay for it/off my 20" IMac Intel Core Duo I picked up earlier this month

I picked it up today for my Mac Book...I went with the Orange V400...!!!

Forum Links
Forum Rules