Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Notebooks > are macbooks as hot as the macbook pros?

are macbooks as hot as the macbook pros?
gutsofgold
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Jun 29, 2006, 08:43 PM

i have a macbook pro and it never is on its desk. im always using it at the studio when my band is recording, at work in between deliveries, on vacation/tour, starbucks, and just about anywhere. thing is, the macbook pro is wayyyy too hot to keep on my lap at these places for extended periods of time. im debating selling it for a powerbook or the newer macbook.

my first question is, do the macbooks run hot too?
are powerbooks any cooler than the macbook pro?
shoudl i sell my macbook pro now or do you think apple will be
covering this heat issue soon?

rhashem
Forum Regular
Jun 29, 2006, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by gutsofgold
i have a macbook pro and it never is on its desk. im always using it at the studio when my band is recording, at work in between deliveries, on vacation/tour, starbucks, and just about anywhere. thing is, the macbook pro is wayyyy too hot to keep on my lap at these places for extended periods of time. im debating selling it for a powerbook or the newer macbook.
The Macbook Pros probably don't get any hotter internally (or maybe they do, from the Radeon card), but the metal casing does do a much better job transferring heat from the inside of the case to your skin.

Forum Links
Forum Rules