Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Political/War Lounge > The Randi Rhodes Show

The Randi Rhodes Show
Peder Rice
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 1, 2006, 03:05 PM

Wow. What pathetic garbage. She never takes callers, and I believe it's because nobody calls into her worthless show. She is so far left that every third word out of her mouth is genocide, firmly believing that the United States and Israel are fully intentioned to annihilate Muslims from the face of the Earth as oil companies fleece Americans.

It's entertaining, I suppose, but her show is otherwise meritless.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Aug 1, 2006, 03:31 PM

The Randi Rhodes Show
Who?
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Aug 1, 2006, 03:41 PM

Good thing I don't know what you're talking about.

Gossamer
Professional Poster
Aug 1, 2006, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by MacNStein
Who?
Here

Never heard of it before. But does she tell people to call in? Is she obligated to have people call in? If not, they why should there be any callers on the show? I don't take much stock in radio hosts. No one with a moderate opinion can get the ratings that the extreme ones can, so most radio personalities end up being pretty much idiots.

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Aug 1, 2006, 03:47 PM

Oh...

Next time just utter the words "Air America." There's a reason most people don't know about it...no one's listening.

Shaddim
Clinically Insane
Aug 1, 2006, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Gossamer
Here

Never heard of it before. But does she tell people to call in? Is she obligated to have people call in? If not, they why should there be any callers on the show? I don't take much stock in radio hosts. No one with a moderate opinion can get the ratings that the extreme ones can, so most radio personalities end up being pretty much idiots.
Oh yeah, that chick. The Left's version of Coulter. Ok.
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Rumor
Aug 1, 2006, 03:54 PM

When I saw this title, I thought "How can someone dead have a show?"

There is only one Randy Rhoades in my book.
I like my water with hops, malt, hops, yeast, and hops.

placebo1969
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 1, 2006, 03:54 PM

I keep thinking of Ozzy's guitarist who died in a plane crash.

EDIT: Damn you Rumor.

::maroma::
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 1, 2006, 04:42 PM

Yeah she's a windbag. I've listened to her show a few times. She does take callers, but if the caller disagrees with her in any way, she doesn't let them speak. She'll interrupt them at every chance, then when the caller tries to shut her up and get his/her point across she'll hang up on them.

And all she does is b!tch. She doesn't offer any sort of new arguments, or possible solutions or anything really constructive.

CRASH HARDDRIVE
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 2, 2006, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by ::maroma::
And all she does is b!tch. She doesn't offer any sort of new arguments, or possible solutions or anything really constructive.
Well, she is a liberal...

Jawbone54
Posting Junkie
Aug 2, 2006, 11:53 AM

This is why libs aren't allowed to host on real radio stations.

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 2, 2006, 11:32 PM

She's a useless putz.

Totally unprofessional.

Don't even know why she's on the radio. When she was here in Florida at various radio stations she got fired from all of them. She either talks about how much she hates most people or she talks about herself ad nauseam. One of the two.

Either way she's a loser and to be honest she doesn't even deserve a thread devoted to her.

Gossamer
Professional Poster
Aug 3, 2006, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Jawbone54
This is why libs aren't allowed to host on real radio stations.
I'd be careful...you have a link to Michael Savage's site in your sig.
He played the national anthem and claimed that if you didn't have a tear in your eye you were not an American. He told people that were driving to pull over as he played it to show respect. He uses all kinds of loaded language, and IMO can be as bad as the liberals.

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 3, 2006, 06:21 PM

I love Michael Savage.

I mean, he makes SOME good points. But the reason I really like him is because of his rabid patriotism.

He's so radical that you sometimes listen to his show and just start laughing - it's like the finest 3 hours of comedy on the radio.

Seriously, listen to him just once and tell me that he doesn't make you crack a smile.

The key to listening to Savage is to not take him too seriously and have a sense of humor. Then you "get" the show.

Like pulling over on the side of the road to put your hand over your heart while you listen to the national anthem?

That's comedy gold.

spauldingg
Grizzled Veteran
Aug 3, 2006, 09:54 PM

Ms. Rhodes is on my radio right now.
I love her.
I also hate her.
And we all know what a rabid post-hippie liberal I am...

Why do I love her? She has an encyclopedic knowledge of the political landscape, and a lot of her stated facts can be verified by reliable sources. Also she is a Vet. When she talks about the military she has more clout than anal-cyst Lush Ribald.

Why do I hate her? I can't listen to her for more than fifteen or twenty minutes, even if she is loaded for bear. Her delivery is constant rant. Occasionally she will digress into a reasonably pleasant tone with humorous political jibes, but the loud monotonous tone soon returns and it just hurts my ears.

Generally, for fun lib radio with a bit of variety and a lot more humor, I go for Stephanie Miller, on the Jones Network. Admittedly not every ones kind of humor, and she glosses over the facts if the joke fits, but still... Damn fun.

She actually has quite a few repubs listening just for the humor. Like when, in the eighties, I listened to Rush because, back then, he was reasonably humorous. Don't know what happened. Musta been the drugs.
“The love of liberty is the love of others; the love of power is the love of ourselves.” -- William Hazlitt

Ghoser777
Professional Poster
Aug 3, 2006, 10:44 PM

spauldingg, you bring up an interesting point. I use to being to listen to both Rush and Hannity, but I can't stomach them anymore.

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 3, 2006, 10:49 PM

I'm glad that she's going to be off the air soon.

Today I read that Air America is getting moved WAAAYYYY down the AM dial so that they are going to be hard to be heard.

The problem with Rhodes is that she ONLY listens to herself. If anyone calls in they must agree with her views and no one can get a word in edgewise.

Next time someone calls in that disagrees with her just listen...as soon as they begin to make a few points that are valid she just hangs up on them.

I remember about a year ago people were treated to a blow-by-blow account of her female genitalia and hysterectomy.

She's a loser.

hey!_Zeus
Banned
Aug 4, 2006, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by Cody Dawg
She's a loser.
Let's face it Cody, You hate. Hate, hate, hate.

Get your own show and spout your hate and Fox will come a knockin'.

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 4, 2006, 07:36 AM

Randi Rhodes is an ass for the pure and simple reason that she undermines and debases the troops that are risking and losing their lives in the Middle East.

By all means, listen to her every single day. After a while you'll find that she cannot spout anything other than the same old schtick and she's boring.

She single-handedly has ruined Air America.

I call her the Mouth of the South and we're all glad she's gone from Palm Beach county (which is where she came from before she went to NYC.)

I hope - pray - that she never returns.

Mac Elite
Aug 4, 2006, 07:55 AM

I've tried to listen....the show sucks.

Cody Dawg
Addicted to MacNN
Aug 4, 2006, 08:23 AM

^^^ ^^^

Even my far-left friends (yes they are on my holiday card list ) can't listen to her.

Tells ya something.

mydog8mymac
Mac Enthusiast
Aug 6, 2006, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Moderator
I've tried to listen....the show sucks.
Me too! Way unprofessional, lefty hate mongering — and I'm a moderate lib.

Forum Links
Forum Rules