Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > any help for a new owner? Thanks!!!

any help for a new owner? Thanks!!!
ted
Feb 1, 2000, 01:06 AM

Hello and thanks for any help. Have my new imac dv. What will I need to capture still images from my Firewire equiped camcorder?
I can now capture video frames in i-movie but not sure what it takes to capture and save and manipulate a single frame...PhotoShop??
Would love to be able to shoot video and then capture and touch-up a single frame and print out with quality printer or burn a CD. Thanks

Number41
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Feb 1, 2000, 12:41 PM

Adobe has released a beta plug-in for Premiere 5.1c that might help. Go check it out here.

Don't know if this will do the trick, or if you have access to Premiere.

Good luck.

------------------
Number41

[This message has been edited by Number41 (edited 02-01-2000).]
Number41

Me
Feb 1, 2000, 06:36 PM

You should be able to use the Apple Video player which ships with the Mac OS 7.x -9. It's usaully installed in the Apple menu, and allows for vid caps as well as Quicktime movie caps. I don't know if you will be able to capture a hi-rez image, though.

ley
Feb 3, 2000, 01:52 AM

I have not used iMovie yet but I have done lots of video editing on my old G3 A10. I open a clip in video player (open vieo player first and then go open the clip) Find the frame you want and select it (Edit menu-Select All or Apple+A buttons) Then paste it into any graphics program. I have Graphic Converter (Shareware program) and I love it! I also use these programs to make single frames into slides to put into videos. Good luck.

Robot
Feb 3, 2000, 06:50 PM

With imovie you can save any fram as a jpeg or pict file. I think it is in the file menu under "save current frame as"

Forum Links
Forum Rules