Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > iMovie availability

iMovie availability
ericdb_1
Nov 23, 1999, 11:10 AM

Is it possible to purchase iMovie seperately? I've got a rev A iMac & would love to be able to use this product, but can't really replace my iMac right now.

------------------
thanks,
e

oscar
Grizzled Veteran
Nov 23, 1999, 03:02 PM

No, It cannot be purchased seperatly, besides, even it could, how would you inport video?

------------------
-See Yea!

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Nov 24, 1999, 03:18 AM

Get an XLR8 InterView. It is a USB analog video-in with Strata VideoShop 4.5. It's much more powerful than iMovie, albeit not quite as easy to learn, but it costs only $90 if you shop around (---> CDW, $87).

I use one with my G3/350 and it works impeccably. Of course, it does not support DV, nor does it have a video out.

tooki

ericdb_1
Nov 29, 1999, 10:09 AM

Tooki,

What then, are you using it for? Quick Time movies for the web? Is there any other product that I could use with my iMac to edit home movies & record on VHS?

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Nov 30, 1999, 06:20 PM

I haven't yet used it much, actually, but my intention is to burn QuickTime movies to CD-ROM, since for my purposes (which involve family overseas) it's cheaper than renting a VHS editing studio and then paying for NTSC-to-PAL conversion.

If I get a faster internet connection, I might use that as an alternate distribution method.

tooki

[This message has been edited by tooki (edited 11-30-1999).]

Forum Links
Forum Rules