Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Mac Desktops > I Got Mine and Some More!!!...PCI Express Mac Pro

I Got Mine and Some More!!!...PCI Express Mac Pro
windows_sucks
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Oct 30, 2006, 07:54 AM

Mac Pro 2.66 with a 500Gb Hard Drive, x1900t, 2gigs of RAm. In addition, I got 2 additional Gigs of RAm and 3 x 320 SATA 2 Seagate Drives to configure in a RAID 0. I also purchased a Dual 1.8 with 2 Gigs of Ram with 2 x 250 GB HD for 1100.00 from my college buddy who wasn't using his Mac....My Transition from a Piece of Crap (PC) to a Mac is now finished =)...oh forgot to mention that I'll be hooking up a Logitech z-5500 5.1 500watt RMS speaker system to it...=)..

All I have to say is "Anything less is Un-civilized"..haha.

Ok seriously now..with the Mac Pro, there are 4 additional PCI Express Slots. I am wondering if there are any good SATA 2 controllers that I can install so I can connect a dual bay External SATA enclosure to it.

Also, if I hook up my 23" Viewsonic to the x1900t, is it going to affect bandwith/performance if I am doing intensive graphics or do you think its advisable to get another card just for hooking up the monitor.

Thanks guys..this is a great forum...got a lot of help in making my transition from a PC to a Mac..Looking forward to your responses.

mousehouse
Mac Enthusiast
Oct 30, 2006, 04:07 PM

I'm not a big aftermarket Mac shopper but the few thing I buy usually come from Apple or OWC. And just checking their site shows exactly what you're looking for...

Go to http://www.macsales.com or directly to the SATA section

Enjoy your new Mac(s)!
MacBook Pro 13"/2.66 (09/2010), Mac Mini c2d/1.83 (01/2008)

Forum Links
Forum Rules