Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Community > MacNN Lounge > Power Mac Intervention A&E

Power Mac Intervention A&E
peppermg
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 4, 2006, 06:29 PM

Has anyone seen the commercial for the upcoming "intervention" on A&E in which a father and crack-head son play tug-of-war with a Power Mac G5? The father has one hand on one handle and is calling the cops with the other hand as the son tries to yank the Power Mac out the door. It makes me nervous just to watch it.

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Nov 4, 2006, 08:28 PM

utube link anyone ?

-t

peppermg  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 4, 2006, 08:55 PM

Sunday, November 5 10:00pm ET
Monday, November 6 2:00am ET

Tim was an accomplished producer and a talented musician with a lucrative career in the entertainment industry, but a crack addiction nearly destroyed everything he treasures. An intervention is his last chance--but will it work?

There is a short clip from the episode on aetv.com but not the scene I mentioned.

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Nov 5, 2006, 01:24 AM

I'll try to check it out, peppermg.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

peppermg  (op)
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Nov 6, 2006, 02:15 PM

So Tim the crack-head ends up destroying the G5. He was ripping out components and throwing it around. Anyone else catch the show?

Big Mac
Clinically Insane
Nov 6, 2006, 02:27 PM

I missed it on Sunday. Poor G5.

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." TJ

Zeeb
Mac Elite
Nov 6, 2006, 03:21 PM

I had seen that before and I winced when I saw that Power Mac hit the sidewalk a few times. I think he then ripped out the hard drive in the yard.

I don't think that family was short on money, because I saw a lot more expensive equipment later on.

The kid ended up lying in a drainpipe half immersed in water.

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Nov 6, 2006, 03:51 PM

You guys realize that episode was a rerun from, like, last season? This thread is about 4 months late.

AETV: Sunday, November 5 10:00 PM
Reality

Tim
An intervention is the last chance for an accomplished producer and talented musician with a crack addiction.

Original Air Date: Aug 06, 2006
Watching Intervention always makes me feel good about myself -- because damn, some of those people are f'ed up, and I'm not! (Many of them you feel sorry for, but some, like this Tim, you don't, because they're just whiny idiots.)

tooki

DakarĀ²
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 6, 2006, 03:53 PM

This just takes reality tv a notch lower in my opinion.

Of course, I find watching Breaking Bonaduce addicting, so maybe I need to reevaluate things.

Rolling Bones
Banned
Nov 6, 2006, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by tooki View Post
You guys realize that episode was a rerun from, like, last season? This thread is about 4 months late.

tooki
It is never TOO late Gawd help the children!!!

mitchell_pgh
Posting Junkie
Nov 6, 2006, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Zeeb View Post
I had seen that before and I winced when I saw that Power Mac hit the sidewalk a few times. I think he then ripped out the hard drive in the yard.

I don't think that family was short on money, because I saw a lot more expensive equipment later on.

The kid ended up lying in a drainpipe half immersed in water.
I don't have kids, but it amazes me how some of these kids get to where they are.

My parent's gave me ACCESS to a computer, cell phone and a car, but I didn't own them. The only things I owned were the things I purchased (usually CDs, a stereo, etc.).

I'm amazed when a parent gives their kid a cell phone, free allowance, car, computer, etc. and find their kid in trouble and LAZY.

seanc
Moderator Emeritus
Nov 6, 2006, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by mitchell_pgh View Post
I don't have kids, but it amazes me how some of these kids get to where they are.

My parent's gave me ACCESS to a computer, cell phone and a car, but I didn't own them. The only things I owned were the things I purchased (usually CDs, a stereo, etc.).

I'm amazed when a parent gives their kid a cell phone, free allowance, car, computer, etc. and find their kid in trouble and LAZY.
Well thanks.

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 6, 2006, 04:46 PM

This wasn't a kid who had stuff bought for him. This guy was an adult and bought all of the equipment himself. He was a young music pro who ended up addicted to crack. This episode was actually pretty old. I saw it 3 or 4 months ago.

It was pretty interesting watching them fight over the G5. He wasn't so cracked out as to forget he had to pull the HD out before smashing it. Must have been something important on there.

The real crazy thing about that episode was the girl who stayed with him and that the family allowed that punk ass to live with them and have a relationship with their daughter. (Who was like 5 or 6 years younger then he was if I remember right. Something like a 25 year old and a 19 year old)

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

tooki
Admin Emeritus
Nov 6, 2006, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by mitchell_pgh View Post

In all fairness, this wasn't like that, either. It wasn't his, nor was it his parents'. It belonged to his girlfriend/client. He was just to high to remember that he had not, in fact, paid for it himself, as he believed.

tooki

ort888
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 6, 2006, 04:55 PM

In all fairness, this wasn't like that, either. It wasn't his, nor was it his parents'. It belonged to his girlfriend/client. He was just to high to remember that he had not, in fact, paid for it himself, as he believed.

tooki
Like I said, it's been a few months, but if I remember right, there was some debate about who it belonged to, and I don't think it was resolved. I could be wrong. It really doesn't matter much.

My sig is 1 pixel too big.

Eriamjh
Addicted to MacNN
Nov 6, 2006, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by what_the_heck View Post
utube link anyone ?

-t
It's not utube it's YOUtube. Someone should sue...

I'm a bird. I am the 1% (of pets).

turtle777
Clinically Insane
Nov 6, 2006, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Eriamjh View Post
It's not utube it's YOUtube. Someone should sue...
Darn, sue the missing (sic!)

-t

Zeeb
Mac Elite
Nov 6, 2006, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by ort888 View Post
The real crazy thing about that episode was the girl who stayed with him and that the family allowed that punk ass to live with them and have a relationship with their daughter. (Who was like 5 or 6 years younger then he was if I remember right. Something like a 25 year old and a 19 year old)
I've always found it weird how people are attracted to instability. What is up with that? It almost seems as if a person who is unstable and spiraling downward is somehow more interesting and exciting. Maybe people secretly crave drama in their lives.

Person Man
Professional Poster
Nov 7, 2006, 08:14 PM

Watching Intervention always makes me feel good about myself -- because damn, some of those people are f'ed up, and I'm not! (Many of them you feel sorry for, but some, like this Tim, you don't, because they're just whiny idiots.)

tooki
Watching the Jerry Springer show or other such shows always makes me feel pretty good, too.

Next on <insert your favorite talk show here>: "You're too fat to wear that!" -- features a 400 pound 15 year old wearing a piece of string facing off against her 500 lb mother wearing an even smaller piece of string. Pot. Kettle. Black.

MacinTommy
Mac Elite
Nov 7, 2006, 09:37 PM

I saw this!!!! i was thinking... Is this some joke show?? He was like "I bought this one and the G4" I thought they were like Interventing (word?) a mac addict.

Forum Links
Forum Rules