Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Hardware - Troubleshooting and Discussion > Consumer Hardware & Components > Miglia EvolutionTV - Distorted Video

Miglia EvolutionTV - Distorted Video
DeathToWindows
Professional Poster
Dec 3, 2006, 05:39 PM

I've just picked up an EvolutionTV (massive sales are useful) and I'm having some really interesting issues with it. For all channels, the video has horizontal lines - they don't move, but they're quite obviously some form of interference in the image. The channels are watchable but they have just enough degradation to be really annoying.

The kicker : the EvolutionTV is replacing my TVMicro (I wanted the hardware DivX encoding) and none of the issues show up with it. Same coax cable, same build of eyeTV... so, the basic question becomes what can cause this?

I've tried a lot of stuff, including various home-built pieces of kit for terminating ground loops (that sort of worked, but usually degraded the signal more than they removed the horizontal lines), isolating the power adapter (using a Radio Shack object) which didn't work at all...

Any ideas?

Don't try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

Uncle Skeleton
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 3, 2006, 07:30 PM

I don't know why, but I sometimes have the same problem with my EyeTV Hybrid, except the horizontal lines slowly crawl upwards. I hope it helps to know you're not alone, because that's all I can offer.

vmarks
Moderator Emeritus
Dec 4, 2006, 01:03 AM

can you take a photo and post it?

DeathToWindows  (op)
Professional Poster
Dec 4, 2006, 10:31 AM

notice the horizontal lines, notably in the upper right (but throughout the image)

I've tried a different Coax cable (at the suggestion of Miglia's Tech Support) to no avail.

Don't try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

Uncle Skeleton
Addicted to MacNN
Dec 4, 2006, 04:11 PM

Oh, that's not what I have. I only have one line at a time.

Can you post one from the TVmicro?

Doesn't the evolution have antennas too? Do they have the same problem?

DeathToWindows  (op)
Professional Poster
Dec 6, 2006, 12:32 PM

Got it fixed by BU Telecom... too much signal.

Forum Links
Forum Rules