Welcome to the MacNN Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

You are here: MacNN Forums > Enthusiast Zone > Classic Macs and Mac OS > OK, Now How Do I Boot From a CD???

OK, Now How Do I Boot From a CD???
tonewheel
Mac Enthusiast
Dec 11, 2001, 01:41 PM

My Ti500 is running both 9.2.2. and 10.1.1 on separate partitions. I've backed my data, and now want to reformat and repartition the entire drive, but...

I've used the original 9.1 System CD to boot and begin the process. "C" key doesn't work; it just gives me a question-marked folder. Once I release the "C" key, it boots from the 9.2.2 HD partition. If I select the 9.1 System CD in Startup Disk, it ignores the CD and restarts from the 9.2.2 HD.

Me thinks I have to create my own CD with a 9.2.2 system folder in order to do this. Am I correct? Is there and easier way....I hope? Thanks!

cameca
Fresh-Faced Recruit
Dec 12, 2001, 03:47 AM

You have all your data backed up, so, insert your OS 9.1 CD and select it in your Startup Disk control panel (if you want too--it actually doesn't matter).

Place both System Folders in the Trash, but don't empty it yet.

Shut Down your machine for 30 seconds and then Start Up with the C key.

cam

Mr. Blur
Professional Poster
Dec 15, 2001, 02:16 AM

Try putting the CD in...restart...and hold the <option> key...it *should* then bring up the blue screen where you can select the boot disk.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity...

Forum Links
Forum Rules